Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Default World Cup

The draw for 2010 in South Africa

So whos gonna win the 2010 world cup? apart from your country who would you like to win it?

I obviously want England but think we will fall just short semis or quarters probably going out on penalties again

If not England, then id like any other team that hasnt won it before

As always brazil will take all the beating, my tip to win it though will be a European team as conditions will suit.
    Last edited by Paul; 04-12-2009 at 09:44 PM.

2. Default

i think between 2 this....SPAIN or BRAZIL....
    it will be fantastic world cup final if SPAIN vs BRAZIL......

3. Default

I'm supporting Netherlands and Argentina, just like in 2006 and i hope that Netherlands wins this time...

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

Quote Originally Posted by amirol91 Log in to see links
    i think between 2 this....SPAIN or BRAZIL....
    it will be fantastic world cup final if SPAIN vs BRAZIL......
    It be nice but never works out that way, you always get an underdog getting to final.
    2002 - Germany a poor germany side that no one fancied.
    2006 - Italy and France even though i backed Italy before the tournament got good odds at bookies, both teams wasnt expected to get far, other european teams like Spain England Netherlands were much more fancied to go all the way but failed.
    Just hope England get the luck, 2002 should of beat brazil, 2006 going out on penalties after holding on with 10men agaist portugal.

Spain dont have a great world cup record, like England always hyped up before and alot of pressure always fail to deliver.

Hope England avoid brazil to final, not bothered about any other team.

in the group stage ideal group would be...

England
    Algeria
    Japan
    Greece/Slovenia
    Last edited by Paul; 30-11-2009 at 04:37 PM.

England seeded for World Cup ahead of France & Portugal

he FIFA Organising Committee approved today the procedure for the Final Draw of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, which will be held in Cape Town on Friday 4 December. The seeding was based on the October 2009 FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking, and Brazil, Spain, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina and England are therefore the seven squads that join hosts South Africa as seeded teams for the Final Draw.

The committee also approved the composition of the other pots as well as the procedure for the final draw:

• Pot 2 will be composed of teams from Asia (Australia, Japan, Korea DPR, Korea Republic), North, Central America and the Caribbean (Honduras, Mexico, USA) and Oceania (New Zealand)

• Pot 3 will include teams from Africa (Algeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria) and South America (Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay)

• Pot 4 will have the remaining European teams (Denmark, France, Greece, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Switzerland)

• hosts South Africa will be automatically positioned as A1; the other seeded teams will be drawn into the other groups B-H, but will always be in position “1” of their group

• groups will be drawn from A to H and the positions in the group will be drawn for Pots 2 to 4

• geographical criteria will also be respected, meaning that no two teams from the same confederation will be drawn in the same group (except European teams, where a maximum of two will be in a group). For example, South Africa cannot play the African teams from Pot 3 and Argentina and Brazil cannot be drawn against the three remaining South American teams.
    Could get France or Portugal in group, i wouldnt mind France love to knock them out for what they did to the Irish.

This would be the group of death
    England
    Australia
    Ivory Coast
    France

no thank you

6. Default

slovenia or serbia will win

Quote Originally Posted by pesur Log in to see links
    slovenia or serbia will win

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links

how can you be soooo cruel

lol its not being cruel, its an opinion, i dont see serbia or slovenia winning the world cup.
    But like i say if England dont win it then id like serbia or any other team that hasnt won it before. Remember Greece Euro 2004 ? so its possible.

Here or the world cup odds

Spain 4/1
    Brazil 9/2
    England 13/2
    Argentina 10/1
    Germany 12/1
    Holland 12/1
    Italy 12/1
    France 16/1
    Portugal 16/1
    Ivory Coast 25/1
    Chile 40/1
    Serbia 50/1
    Paraguay 66/1
    Denmark 80/1
    Ghana 80/1
    Australia 100/1
    Cameroon 125/1
    Greece 125/1
    Mexico 125/1
    South Africa 125/1
    Switzerland 125/1
    U.S.A 125/1
    Japan 150/1
    Nigeria 150/1
    Uruguay 150/1
    Slovakia 250/1
    Slovenia 250/1
    South Korea 300/1
    Honduras 350/1
    Algeria 400/1
    North Korea 500/1
    New Zealand 2500/1

England the 3rd favorites

If i was going to have a bet, id bet spain to win it and an eachway bet on Ivory coast

Croatia isn't going

I am going to support Serbia, Slovenia and Italy