View Poll Results: Were/Are you hooked to Panzer Tactics 2?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 46.88%
  • No

3 9.38%
  • Never played

14 43.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Review: Panzer Tactics 2

Panzer Tactics 2
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Panzer Tactics 2
    Developer: HandyGames
    Publisher: HandyGames
    Release Date: Spring 2008
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: 30 missions and 3 bonus missions, 5 experience levels to improve your units, Extensive tutorial
    Reviewed on: Nokia 5300

Summary

World War II was the largest conflict of human history. Millions of soldiers fought and died for their countries. Slip into the role of a young officer of the Axis, the Allies or the Soviets and prove your courage on the battlefields of this merciless war. The searing heat of the Libyan Desert and the icy cold of Murmansk's tundra are waiting for you! Have you got what it takes to be a great strategist? Recruit units, conquer cities and watch out for the enemy's dive bombers! Panzer Tactics 2 places much value on historical accuracy and lets you re-enact exciting, actual battles. Meet famous generals like Rommel, Montgomery or Zhukov and prove that you can take on them!

Review

This week Panzer Tactics 2 no real reason why, just that its new out.

Lets begin; graphically the game is good in parts, not so great in others, what I mean is the game is better suited to the PC, the graphics look a little bit too compressed on a mobile phone screen. Ok, sp you can see the effort thats go into modelling the troops, but I think theres been too much effort, they just look over done. The background graphics make it hard at times to tell what's going on in the battle. The battle animation is average, nothing special. Sound for once in a mobile game isnt bad, as with most mobile games there is a very short piece of introduction music, but with Panzer Tactics 2 you actually get some pretty decent sound effects in the game.
    I have to tell you that this game isnt easy, and that its not for the average gamer, I play a lot, and I mean a lot of strategy games and I have to say I struggled at some points in the game, Panzer Tactics 2 insist on using the same challenging gameplay mechanics, in previous games.
    Playing the game I found myself battling my way through just over 30 missions which are based on actual World War II events, playing through the game I found completing each mission rather rewarding, maybe because I was changing history, either in a good or bad way. Playing through the game I found that I was taking control of a massive number of different historical military icons and units.
    The battlefield on which you play is simply built up of hexagonal areas. Youll find that your tactics will be affected by gameplay elements, such as terrain and weather.
    Ok so; right from the start youll find that the game is really complex, progressing through the game demands you to give analytical thought than most games of the genre need throughout. One real problem with the gameplay is that the AI at time can take an age to take their turn, which as you would guess can get really frustrating.
    I found myself having a battle of my own with the game itself, no, not playing the game, but learning how to play it just working through the encyclopaedic menu systems was hard work, and well boring. In the end I gave up on the reading and worked out how to play the game myself.
    But what I will say about this game is you get youre monies worth, the game is huge, you will find yourself hooked to the game if youre into strategy games, the size of the game means you will be playing it for a very long time. Now as I said I play a lot of strategy games but, personally for me, there was just something not there, I wasnt hooked. Im not saying that this is a bad game; in fact I would say that it's a very good game due its size and variability, but after a few days, I was bored, the only reason why I continued to play it was because I was reviewing it, and that was the only reason.

Conclusion

So in conclusion, the game isnt bad, graphically the game would be better on PC, for once a game with decent sound, Anyway if like me you like your turn based strategy games like and are a fan of the World War 2 era you will love this game, but I didnt for some reason unknown, but be warned if you want to complete the game be prepared for month or so to do so.

Screenshots

Graphics: 6/10
    Bit compressed.

Sound:
    7/10
    Decent sound effects.

Gameplay:
    5/10
    Too hard at points, AI takes too long.

Story:
    8/10
    Huge story, True Life.

Overall Score: 7 out of 10
    bronze.gif
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 06-10-2010 at 11:01 AM.

2. Default

nice review..

Great job Songbird,excellent review

4. Default

next review - Saturday

Kung Fu Panda

5. Default

its not out yet...

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird Log in to see links
    its not out yet...
    i'm waiting for asphalt

7. Default

did i?

8. Default

ooooh i know what you're on about

no i was on about 4

9. Default

Great game, because i have challenge my friend until 100 times.

10. Default

that'll be next week now