Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Post Did you ever get infected by a Rogue virus on your computer?

I was. Once

The virus was called System Security and it nearly destroyed my computer. Said that I was infected by malware and that I need to buy Security System in order to remove all viruses. However it was all a hoax. And the virus sended me lots of trojans, so I did a reformat on my PC.

This... was the most scariest and the most annoying virus I ever faced in my whole life. Now I have Malwarebytes, so it can keep me protected.

Check on youtube a user called rogueamp (No, its not me). He creates videos about these viruses.

So did anyone face this monster on his computer?

Had one on my pc similar once, i rebooted in safemode downloaded malwarebytes and scanned it found over 3oo infected areas lol.

You get that computer infected fake on bad filesharing sites.. For example ziddu

3. Default

Can't remember what mine(it was about 4 years ago) was called but it infected the system boot up and other files of windows and had to do a complete re format to be able to use computer again! Ever since I've been really careful about installing software I don't know about or hasn't recommended to me-how useful, and safe, is malwarebytes?

4. Default

SmitFraud or W32/SmitFraud.A is a type of spyware that installs itself into a computer via adware, without the user's knowledge. Most of the time, it installs itself after a computer user installs a spurious codec, such as BrainCodec, PCodec or VideoKeyCodec. It is also embedded in certain programs, such as iVideo, and many downloadable music files from music sharing programs and torrents.. SmitFraud infects a Windows DLL with a computer virus , and typically changes the infected computer's desktop background into a Blue Screen of Death. SmitFraud is now being used to term infections wherein users receive fake alerts from software luring the user into installing some affiliated fake / Rogue AntiSpyware with or without user's knowledge.

I got this long back

lazyitus,

malwarebytes is very useful, it got rid of that scan fake i had and all the other infected areas at time.
    I have the free version and just scan computer every now an again.

6. Default

I've had a nasty virus on my pc once that took over my whole system (I couldn't go to a folder on my disk anymore) I had to reformat the computer (yuk) but can't remember the name of it...

7. Default

Once I had a virus in my PC which disabled my task manager, registry editor and internet connection!
    It is still in a CD of mine on which I burned my favorite songs and some applications. Now I cant listen to those songs.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    Had one on my pc similar once, i rebooted in safemode downloaded malwarebytes and scanned it found over 3oo infected areas lol.

You get that computer infected fake on bad filesharing sites.. For example ziddu
    Ziddu isnt bad ==
    Btw, this thread is really old O_O

Quote Originally Posted by gooblaster Log in to see links
    Ziddu isnt bad ==
    Btw, this thread is really old O_O
    It gives you about 5 pop up ads, and ive had that fake scan off there once.

10. Default

did anyone ever have the one where if you right click that it removes the start bar and all your icons on desktop? my girlfriends laptop had it that I think I may have got it on there lol. I had to do a system restore. so after that, it made everything come back but then if you right click again it removes it all. btw this is my very first post...lol.