Default LCD/TFT PC Monitor - Help please!

I am loosing my mind about which PC monitor to buy!
    I got set back to my old faithful 17" Belinea 10-30-20 CRT after my crappy used 21" CRT died.

I looked for some interesting product but the monitor market got complicated just like many other PC related products.

Is someone using an "AOC 2434Pw" ?

I really like its specs (and its price) , but it doesn't have "DVI".
    Specs here:

Opinions and suggestions what to buy are welcome.

I am looking for these things:
    -min.22" up to 24" (I'd prefer it to get one around 24")
    -high contrast and clean colors
    -fast response (2ms - I hate LCD "ghosting")
    -back light not to break through (another thing I hate on LCD's)
    -DVI (? ? , is the picture really better when connected via DVI instead of D-Sub/VGA?)
    -not too pricey (middle price segment)

A monitor You suggest must not necessarily be available in my area , therefore I would appreciate it that You point out why You prefer it so I can get a picture what I should be looking for!

Thank You very much.
    WDE

+Rep to serious and helpful reply's of course!

i just bought samsung p2270 and its great. but a bit expensive.
    best buy i think are lg monitors

mislin da ti je najbolje otic na Log in to see links i pogledat cijene po HR
    a monitori bez dvi ce uvik bit koju stotinu jeftiniji, a kvaliteta slike na dvi nije toliko bolja da opravda visu cijenu
    none

The "AOC 2434Pw" specs and reviews left a good impression so I got me one!

This is how it looks like on my table , I didn't take the protective foil of the frame and the stand yet:
    DSC01657 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01658 (Medium).JPG

At first glance it is a really good looking monitor , almost enormous in size with its 23.6"/599.4mm viewable image size (and I almost got me an 26" ).

Picture response time is excellent in games and movies , declaration says 2ms and I must say that I couldn't notice any "ghosting".
    Text (internet,Excel,Word) is crisp and nicely readable.
    The setup menu is very rich with options , I am still trying to figure out what's doing what.

Although I seem to have some "bleeding" of the background light on static pure deep-black pictures , I really think this monitor will satisfy my needs and wishes perfectly fine.

AOC i-Menu application screenshots:
    AOC i-Menu-1.jpg
    AOC i-Menu-2.jpg
    AOC i-Menu-3.jpg
    AOC i-Menu-4.jpg
    AOC i-Menu-5.jpg
    AOC i-Menu-6.jpg
    AOC i-Menu-7.jpg

Looks nice mate

I missed this thread and would have been able to give you some advice, as I was researching 24" monitors for months a while ago.

It looks like a great choice and a nice looking monitor. It does use a TN panel, which are great for gaming, but you may find more backlight bleed, poorer viewing angles and colour reproduction than the more expensive IPS or VA panels, but overall they're a decent all-rounder for general use and offer good value.

In general, It's a good idea to read an LCD panel type guide (Log in to see links / Log in to see links) when choosing a monitor. I needed a monitor for colour work & photo editing, so went for the BenQ FP241W, which uses a P-MVA panel with normal 72% gamut. Originally, I wanted an IPS panel, but hate wide gamut (92%), which seems to be on all IPS panels and make everything that's not colour managed look over saturated.