Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Great Inventions That Changed The World

Feel free to add inventions and discoveries from any domain and any period of time. We take things for granted, but without them life will be so much harder.

I'll start with the Roman Empire Period, and mention only a few of them:

-aqueducts
    -triumphal arcs
    -fast curing cements
    -reinforced concrete (!!!!!!!!)
    -shorthand and symbols such as "&" or abreviations such as "etc.", "NB", "PS" and many others.
    -Bikinis (see a famous mosaic from Sicily showing young ladies in bikini)

Wonderbra....

3. Default

noxide

4. Default

Let me add this for you Noxide:

Wonderbra is the trade name for an under wired bra with side padding that is designed to uplift and add cleavage.
    Bali & WonderBra

The Bali Brassiere Company was founded by Sam and Sara Stein in 1927, originally called the FayeMiss Lingerie Company. The company's best-known product has been the WonderBra, "The One And Only WonderBra."

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoddess Log in to see links
    Let me add this for you Noxide:

Wonderbra is the trade name for an under wired bra with side padding that is designed to uplift and add cleavage.
    Bali & WonderBra

The Bali Brassiere Company was founded by Sam and Sara Stein in 1927, originally called the FayeMiss Lingerie Company. The company's best-known product has been the WonderBra, "The One And Only WonderBra."
    How about this:

Women have been using bras in some form since the seventh century, though the corset had been the dominant choice from about the sixteenth century. Not only was this corset buried under several layers of clothing in the Victorian era, but it was also constricting and, hindsight suggests, a precursor to many health problems. In the 19th century, a number of early bras were developed, though nobody knows for sure who invented and marketed the first model. The first arguably "modern" bra was developed by Herminie Cadolle in France, which, though it resembled a two-piece corset, supported the breasts with shoulder straps. In 1910, a teenager in New York named Mary Phelps Jacob was inspired by a fashion conundrum. She had bought a dress through which a corset would have been clearly visible, so she fashioned a brassiere out of handkerchiefs and ribbon. Mary made some for friends, but decided to turn it into a moneymaking venture when a stranger offered her one dollar to create a bra. It was the first to be marketed under the new patent category of "brassiere."

In 1922, in an era when many women were drawn to flattening undergarments to fit with the androgynous fashions of the time, Ida Rosenthal developed the concept of cup sizing in bras. Starting the Maidenform company, she popularized the modern "uplifting" style of bra. However, during the Second World War, bras became more functional than fashionable. It wasn't until the 1960s that they became newsworthy again.

In the sixties, more revealing fashions and feminism came to the forefront. In 1964, a Canadian named Louise Poirier developed the first push-up Wonderbra for women who didn't want to bother with unattractive and cumbersome girdles anymore. Thanks to market research, Wonderbra filled the marketing void left by other companies who had stepped back, fearing the fabled bra burner. According to this research, most women didn't hate bras - they just hated how they looked and felt. Designed to be supportive yet sexy, the Wonderbra allowed women a more comfortable option to more restrictive undergarments like the girdle. The Wonderbra also marked a shift in advertising. Taking advantage of the immediacy of television, the Wonderbra was advertised as a cohesive package, promoting youth and confidence.

According to Wonderbra's website , the secret to Wonderbra's success is "Precision engineering." The bra's design incorporates "three-part cup construction, precision-angled back and underwire cups, removable pads called cookies, ‘gate back' back design for support, and rigid straps."

The Wonderbra revolutionized the way women thought about their bras and, not only that, but how they looked in them. Not bad for the fifth greatest Canadian invention of all time!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    How about this:

Women have been using bras in some form since the seventh century, though the corset had been the dominant choice from about the sixteenth century. Not only was this corset buried under several layers of clothing in the Victorian era, but it was also constricting and, hindsight suggests, a precursor to many health problems. In the 19th century, a number of early bras were developed, though nobody knows for sure who invented and marketed the first model. The first arguably "modern" bra was developed by Herminie Cadolle in France, which, though it resembled a two-piece corset, supported the breasts with shoulder straps. In 1910, a teenager in New York named Mary Phelps Jacob was inspired by a fashion conundrum. She had bought a dress through which a corset would have been clearly visible, so she fashioned a brassiere out of handkerchiefs and ribbon. Mary made some for friends, but decided to turn it into a moneymaking venture when a stranger offered her one dollar to create a bra. It was the first to be marketed under the new patent category of "brassiere."

In 1922, in an era when many women were drawn to flattening undergarments to fit with the androgynous fashions of the time, Ida Rosenthal developed the concept of cup sizing in bras. Starting the Maidenform company, she popularized the modern "uplifting" style of bra. However, during the Second World War, bras became more functional than fashionable. It wasn't until the 1960s that they became newsworthy again.

In the sixties, more revealing fashions and feminism came to the forefront. In 1964, a Canadian named Louise Poirier developed the first push-up Wonderbra for women who didn't want to bother with unattractive and cumbersome girdles anymore. Thanks to market research, Wonderbra filled the marketing void left by other companies who had stepped back, fearing the fabled bra burner. According to this research, most women didn't hate bras - they just hated how they looked and felt. Designed to be supportive yet sexy, the Wonderbra allowed women a more comfortable option to more restrictive undergarments like the girdle. The Wonderbra also marked a shift in advertising. Taking advantage of the immediacy of television, the Wonderbra was advertised as a cohesive package, promoting youth and confidence.

According to Wonderbra's website , the secret to Wonderbra's success is "Precision engineering." The bra's design incorporates "three-part cup construction, precision-angled back and underwire cups, removable pads called cookies, ‘gate back' back design for support, and rigid straps."

The Wonderbra revolutionized the way women thought about their bras and, not only that, but how they looked in them. Not bad for the fifth greatest Canadian invention of all time!
    i feel dizzy now

Quote Originally Posted by antonio Log in to see links
    i feel dizzy now
    I feel dizzy when I see boobies in a wonderbra

8. Default

I feel dizzy when I see boobies in a wonderbra
    then you fall down when you see without a bra

Quote Originally Posted by antonio Log in to see links
    then you fall down when you see without a bra
    No I don't fall down. I put the opportunity to good use.

I'm not really that bad.

10. Default

No I don't fall down. I put the opportunity to good use.

I'm not really that bad.
    i once put 2 opportunitys to good use AT THE SAME TIME