Stuttgart v Barcelona

Olympiacos v Bordeaux

Inter v Chelsea

Bayern v Fiorentina

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Lyon v Real Madrid

Porto v Arsenal

Milan v Manchester
    A few shocks there, Madrid out, Chelsea, and you could say Sevilla (3rd best team in Spain)

I dont really mind who united get next round, though id like to avoid Arsenal with us both fighting for the league, and maybe Barcelona.

Latest outright betting odds...

Barcelona 2/1
    Man Utd 10/3
    Inter 7/2
    Arsenal 13/2
    Bayern 10/1
    Lyon 14/1
    Bordeaux 16/1
    CSKA 25/1
    Stuffgart 150/1
    Olympiakos 200/1
    Last edited by Paul; 16-03-2010 at 11:11 PM.

Quarter-final draw:

Lyon v Bordeaux

Bayern Munich v Manchester United

Arsenal v Barcelona

Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow

Semi-final draw:

Bayern Munich/Manchester United v Lyon/Bordeaux

Inter Milan/CSKA Moscow v Arsenal/Barcelona

Final

Manchester United v Barcelona

3. Default

A very kind draw for man utd there (with inter,arsenal and barca all avoided until final match) I'd say your probably spot on with final but I say that barca will beat you again!

I want the league more than the champions league, for obvious reasons, 4th successive prem league, never been done before, 19 titles to move in front of you know who

But also just reaching the final of the champions league 3 years running is something
    Bayern be tough but we should be to strong for them, then one of the french teams is easier than facing inter or barcelona in the semis, so yeah its a nice draw.

5. Default

I'm a Man Utd fan and I'm so glad they are in a kinder draw... hopefully, Man Utd would go all the way to the finals.. most prob that there would be a barca vs man utd final again. If so, them I'm all for the Red Devils!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    Well ill go outside the top 6 teams of the top 4 English teams and the 2 Spanish teams and say Inter Milan, made some good signings.

I dont want Chelsea or Real Madrid to win it
    Ive only just noticed my prediction of last seasons champions league was right

Champions league group stage draw

Last edited by Paul; 26-08-2010 at 08:46 PM.

8. Default

I think this could finally be Chelsea's year. I think their strength and resolve will finally win through although given the way any semi final can go I would give equal value to the following 4 semi finalists that I'm predicting:

1. Chelsea
    2. Barcelona
    3. Real Madrid
    4. Arsenal

I tip Arsenal ahead of Manchester United as I think this could be the year the over reliance on the ageing United quartet (Scholes, Giggs, Van Der Sar and Ferdinand) finally catches up with them. With Rooney hounded by the press, personal problems, injury and bad form I don't think they have a ready made talisman to take over and they will fall at the quarters.

I fancy Mourinho to pull the Real resources together to mount a challenge although predicting that circus is never easy. Probably all depends on how many players overly party, which director decides to make a name for himself and whether the fans stay on board long enough given Mourinhos love of defensive counter attacking football.

Barcelona - enough said.

Arsenal I think will make it through to the semi's before a goal keeping howler kills them again and Wenger is forced to finally confront the fact he has two league 1 type keepers.

So for me it will be Chelsea Vs either Barca or Real with Chelsea outmuscling one or the other. Whatever happens it should be great as ever.

Good post.

Don't agree on Man Utd, we have enough, maybe just that one player short.

Anyway, my tip to win it, Real Madrid, and for an outside bet, Ac Milan.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Log in to see links
    Good post.

Don't agree on Man Utd, we have enough, maybe just that one player short.

Anyway, my tip to win it, Real Madrid, and for an outside bet, Ac Milan.