1. Default Nokia 6280 and MP3s

I got an (unlocked) Nokia 6280 from EBay recently, when the display on my original (Vodafone) model went all dim and unreadable.

With my Vodafone phone, I could use mp3s as ringtones no problem - with this new one, it doesn't seem to support mp3s and uses instead mxmf or m4a files.

I've been searching high and low for EITHER a reliable freeware audio conversion programme OR - preferably! - some way of enabling the phone to play mp3s.

Any suggestions most welcome!

I'm not sure if or how you can enable the phone to play mp3, but you can try Log in to see links to convert MP3 to M4a.

3. Default

Hi Karl
    Thanks for your reply. I tried that programme and unfortunately couldn't get it to work on the MP3 ringtone I had on my old Nokia 6280 ... Don't know whether the file was maybe too small???

If you upload the MP3 as an attachment here, I'll take a look at it for you and see if I can convert it.

5. Default

That's really kind of you, Karl! See what you make of it ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does the MP3 play ok on your PC? I can't get it to play because it's DRM Protected (Encryption Method: AES128CBC / Padding: RFC 2630). This will also be the reason why it won't play on your phone.

I've tried to decrypt / convert the file using Log in to see links, but the result is "Input file is empty", so unable to convert. This may be because the file is very small, but I'm really not sure.

I'm afraid there isn't much else I can do, other than suggest that (if you can) download / purchase music that is DRM free, as DRM restricts files and makes them unplayable on many audio devices and mobile phones.

7. Smile

Thanks ever so much for looking into it, Karl. Now you mention it, it DOESN'T play on my computer. I downloaded it to my old Nokia 6280 (the one that DID play MP3s) where it played fine, and I guess the copy on the computer must be a back-up from there.

But now you've put me on to Eufony I'm sure the way is open for all sorts of ringtones to flood in!

So thanks again!