Default Definitely... Not Maybe: Oasis Confirm Split

It was coming........

The announcement came just hours after the band cancelled their second gig in a week.

In a statement on the band's website, Noel said: "It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight.

"People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

The band were expected to perform at the Rock en Seine festival in Paris this evening.

But the crowd were told by Bloc Party, who were due to perform before Oasis, the Manchester band would not be taking the stage.

Some fans thought it was a joke - until the big screens at either side of the stage displayed the message: "As a result of an altercation within the band, the Oasis gig has been cancelled."

Ben Clover, 28, who travelled from south London for the festival, said: "There are a lot of British Oasis fans who have come over for this gig and they are very disappointed."

Last weekend Oasis pulled out of the V Festival in Chelmsford which they were meant to headline.

Earlier this month Liam revealed his turbulent relationship with Noel was so bad that they no longer speak, limiting their contact to exchanging insults on Twitter.

Liam told the NME: "He doesn't like me and I don't like him, that's it.

"He hasn't told me what he thinks of anything this year. We've got nothing to say to each other at the moment."

Source: sky news
    15 good years...
    Atleast i can say ive seen them Live at manchester old trafford cricket ground in 2002 - quality night one of best in my life, only bad thing was Liam dedicating the song - "Stop crying your heart out" to Sir Alex Ferguson
    After i think city beat us that season, or i think cause we didnt win the league.

Anyway the band will be missed..

2. Default

I love their songs esp. 'Don't Look Back in Anger' and 'Wonderwall'.. They will be missed..

Quote Originally Posted by CarlJ Log in to see links
    I love their songs esp. 'Don't Look Back in Anger' and 'Wonderwall'.. They will be missed..
    Yeah they will its a shame, theres no longer a best band in the world now.sad fking day

Liam just acts like a 5yr old he should grow up, and noel is oasis so without him theres no oasis.

I love all there music there b-sides would be a single for other bands thats the quality they have.

Thank You For The Good Times