Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by t-mac2008 Log in to see links
    after making "auto playlist" make "playlist" where you'll have options to add files
    note folders for scanning doesn't work so just go to playlist option not auto playlist make there a new playlist as i already said add files and after you've done press done
    I haven't tried this yet but I think the problem is with the permissions. I don't have an option to select "read User data". I have the same problem with another app, MobyToday to access my calendar and tasks. The instructions say to allow access by selecting read user data and indicate always allow but this option is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmm1 Log in to see links
    I haven't tried this yet but I think the problem is with the permissions. I don't have an option to select "read User data". I have the same problem with another app, MobyToday to access my calendar and tasks. The instructions say to allow access by selecting read user data and indicate always allow but this option is not there.
    which phone is it

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by t-mac2008 Log in to see links
    which phone is it
    Sony Ericsson W760a.

4. Default

Sony Ericsson W760a.
    Open Applications (or Games ~ wherever you saved KD P); move the highlight over KD Player. Open the More Menu (usually Right Soft Key)

Choose Permissions
    Change the settings for Read user data and Write user data to Never Ask

If you don't have the Never Ask option, you will need to use a patch to remove Java restrictions or install Halmer certificate.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nisx91 Log in to see links
    Open Applications (or Games ~ wherever you saved KD P); move the highlight over KD Player. Open the More Menu (usually Right Soft Key)

Choose Permissions
    Change the settings for Read user data and Write user data to Never Ask

If you don't have the Never Ask option, you will need to use a patch to remove Java restrictions or install Halmer certificate.
    @ nisx91,

Thanks for the help.

On my phone (branded with AT&T) I don't have "Read User Data" option under Permisions; only iternet access options of default, trusted or custom.

I contacted AT&T..no help and no surprise. I then contacted Sony Ericsson and they indicated AT&T did not include this option is many phones to deter we customers from using third party apps which may cause problems with the phone. The Sony tech thought he found a work-a-round by accessing "File Manager" under Tools/Organizer but this phone also does not have "File MManager" thanks again to AT&T. No wonder people want to unlock their phones.

I would try the patch you suggested but I thought I read that it is tricky and
    could ruin my phone/void the warranty and my phone is still under warranty. Am I wrong. Is this something a noob like me could do or forget about using these applications?

I will try a file manager apps to see if I can try the work-a-round

6. Default

If you have a branded phone, chances are that such a patch won't exit. In that case, only way out is flashing/debranding and unlocking the phone.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tekina Log in to see links
    If you have a branded phone, chances are that such a patch won't exit. In that case, only way out is flashing/debranding and unlocking the phone.
    Hacking my iPod Touch is one thing but with my phone is my lifeline so I am not ready to debrand. This phone is already a replacement after 3 Motorola Z('s crashed after several months each was used.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tekina Log in to see links
    Hacking my iPod Touch is one thing but with my phone is my lifeline so I am not ready to debrand. This phone is already a replacement after 3 Motorola Z('s crashed after several months each was used.
    It might be able to patch the phone even if it has a branded firmware; until last week my phone was branded with Optus Zoo and each and every patch and mod worked... (but the phone was unlocked and there were barely any restrictions and it was only FS branding)

9. Default

Any recommendation of a site for the Halmer Certificate tutorial? I found se-nse v5. Aby others?

10. Default

Any recommendation of a site for the Halmer Certificate tutorial? I found se-nse v5. Aby others?
    Yes.... my own!
    [Dead links removed]

Tell me if you could understand it or not