1. Question USA Verizon EnV Touch: wap compatible?

I've just purchased an Env Touch from Verizon (USA). The VZ App world is really lacking so I've spent all day trying to figure out how to download stuff onto this phone from the web. Mobiles24.com seems to be the best site by far, and I've registered and spent hours trying to get it to work but no luck, still gives the 'unsupported document type' failed download message every time. Do I need to change my settings somehow or am I just wasting my time with this phone/carrier? Thanks so much for your help--- L

PS: was looking to download things resembling: Bubble Breaker, IQube, radio, document reader & finance (expense records) program like those available on blackberry...

Hi,

Unfortunately, the Verizon LG enV Touch is a Qualcomm CDMA phone which only supports BREW apps (it does not support Java or Symbian apps that we offer). BREW applications are very expensive to develop, so you will not find any free apps for this phone. Only those available on Verizons premium service will work.

Verizon also restricts their WAP access, so you will probably not be able to download any other free stuff (such as ringtones) through any 3rd party WAP sites, but you may be able to use alternative methods which are listed in this thread.

3. Default Lg Env Touch....

i too have the env touch and i cannot use mp3's as a ringtone. i have tried other sites and sent songs and wallpapers but out of the 20 something things that i had sent i only received 1 song and 1 wallpaper!!!! im not very educated with the whole apps thing. is there an easy way to transfer my music from my comp to my 8 gig card that i have in my phone and use my music for a ringtone or is this not possible either?!?!?!>.....im really thinking about taking this phone back and switching to sprint if i cant use my mp3's!

4. Default

Now it is so easy to make your own ringtones. All we need is to select our favourtie MP3 song, and upload it on AAfter Search by typing 'ringtone:' (without quotes) in the search box. It will split the MP3 into 20 secs ringtones. Select the interesting section of the song/music from 20 secs segments. Have fun!