View Poll Results: What is the best thing about this game?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Graphics

24 54.55%
  • Gameplay

7 15.91%
  • Never played

13 29.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Review: Motoraver 3D

Motoraver

Mobile Game Review

Title: Motoraver
    Developer: Fishlabs
    Publisher: Fishlabs
    Release Date: N/A
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Free Driving, Career Mode
    Reviewed on: SE K550i

Summary

Striking graphics catch your eye, as you become a “Motoraver”, fighting your way past the other street racers it your city, racing them, doing odd jobs for others in order to get that edge over others which may help you in a race. Four new cars, customizable colours really make this a unique game.

Review
    Seeing that this game is by Fishlabs, the expectations are considerably high, and yet, Motoraver manages to surpass them. The game set in a calm city is very gripping. The night-time setting of the game gives a true “console like” feeling. It definitely reminds me of NFS:Carbon(Console). The graphics are stunning, no doubt about that, and rendered with breathtaking detail. Civilian cars on the road are a common sight.

As for the gameplay, the career mode consists of eight different missions, some of which involve running errands and others are races, which can be called a little tough. There are four cars, which are unlocked in the course of the game. The map is pretty big, considering that we are talking about a mobile game, complete with a bridge and a tunnel. The online multiplayer mode is an added bonus. Unfortunately, the only degree of customization of the cars available is changing the colour, I think they could have been able to work upon various customizations and this, I think is the only area where it is beaten by games like Asphalt 3 3D.

Another good thing about the game is that it features a “Cruising” mode which is basically free roam. Cop cars try to bust you in every mission (except the races), as you race against time. The in-game music is not that great, no effects or anything, just a repetitive melody, which starts to irritate you after a while. Also, the game is too short, consisting of only about two, atmost three hours of gameplay.

In the controls department, this game takes quite a hit. There is no auto acceleration, meaning you have to keep ‘2’ pressed if you want to go forward. This, in addition to the two fingers required to steer left and right crowds up your keypad quite a bit. The controls take some getting used to, and even then, are not comfortable at all.

Conclusion

All in all, Motoraver is one of the best games I have played (racing or otherwise), though I’m afraid this is mostly because of the graphics. Guess this is one of the more mediocre creations of Fishlabs.

Screenshots

Graphics: 9.5/10
    The best thing about the game.

Sound: 6/10
    Nothing innovative about it

Gameplay:4/10
    Very short, Hard controls

Story:5/10
    Nothing special

Overall Score: 8.0 out of 10
    Last edited by tekina; 30-10-2008 at 05:37 PM.

2. Default

Great review

The games alright if you ask me, not too bad.

3. Default

Your first review is good ,tekina! I can't wait for your next one...

4. Default

Niceee

hey great review tekina
    you could also add screenshots from my thread
    game was great and everything but this is only fishlabs game which controls are hard

6. Default

Next review:

Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party

7. Default

Excellent Review Aniket......

Continue the good job........

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

8. Default

Congrats on you first review /Aniket, keep it up!

+Rep for that great review as well

Great review!Congrats Tekina!