Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Help Downloading Games Please

Hi. I'm trying to download free mobile games but when I try to download to my PC they're 'unknown file type'. What is a .jar file and do I need special software to be able to download? Many thanks to anyone who can help...

2. Default

Further to original message... I tried downloading via WAP and got an error message 'application error'. Hmmm - confused....

3. Default

Me again... Downloaded to PC (even though can't open file on PC 'unknown file type')then copied to phone. Worked! One game OK but others came up with 'incorrect JAVA application' message on phone and games wouldn't run. Tried .jad files also but got the same message. What am I doing wrong?

even though can't open file on PC 'unknown file type'
    You can't open a game on your PC without an emulator such as Log in to see links.

One game OK but others came up with 'incorrect JAVA application' message
    Certain games may not be compatible with your phone.

5. Default

Good to hear from you Mark! Thanks for your help.
    The games are really basic - Space Invaders (ID 16708) (a touch of nostalgia with that one!) and Bubble Gun (ID 5281). Tetris (ID 8283) downloaded fine. I can't see a difference in the file types. Why would one be compatible and the others not?
    On a positive note... I think this site is FANTASTIC!
    Looking forward to hearing from you again.

6. Default

Haven't heard back from you. Any luck with my query?

Sorry for the delay Sonia. Java games are all provided in the same format (.jar). It's how to game is programmed which determines whether it will work on a certain handset.

8. Red face

Hi I Have a Samsung D900 All the Games i Download from your site does not work on my phone what can i do to get a game to work?

Hi Shinoah, Please read this thread

10. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia_Rubacha Log in to see links
    Hi. I'm trying to download free mobile games but when I try to download to my PC they're 'unknown file type'. What is a .jar file and do I need special software to be able to download? Many thanks to anyone who can help...

There are many formats for mobile games such as .jar,.sis,.zip and many more.u just need to check which format ur phone supports.

if you want the format from .zip to .jar type,then
    Go to windows explorer>my computer>tools>folder options>view>uncheck "hide extension for known file types" and then download the same,it will be in jar format.

Hope this helps!!