Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Picture resizer?

I'm not sure if this is the right topic to put it but where does everyone find pictures that are exactly 240x320 for their themes? Or do they have a resizer that does it for them? If so where could I get this resizer? I have this image resizer program but for some reason it resizes my pictures to either 240x180 or 240x329... So could someone please help because if the picture is too big then it gets cut off and if it's too small it has white space (which is really annoying) Please and thank you.

2. Default

The problem here is, if you have a picture on your PC that is 640x480, resizing it to 240x320 is going to distort the image.
    Myself, I use IrfanView Log in to see links. I resize them to a usable size (640x480) then crop them to either 240x320 or 480x640 if more of the image is to be used.
    If I just want a wallpaper for my N73 I just transfer the 640x480 image across and use the Nokias crop feature.

3. Default

Yeah the pictures I have are 640x480.... And what do you mean by cropping..?

4. Default

When you have a picture say 640x480 and you only want 240x320 you cut out (so to speak) a section of the picture that is 240x320 rather than changing the size and distorting the image.

Does that make sense?

5. Default

Yeah, basically you're using a virtual pair of scissors to cut the image to fit a given area.

Note: These images are not to scale to save forum space.
    Original image:

Resized to 320x240:

Image in image editor with "crop" lines:

Final "cropped image":

Any good graphics package should have a crop feature. Your phone might have a built in editor capable of cropping an image to fit the screen.
    Last edited by Sticky_Mick; 28-08-2007 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added image footnote.

6. Default

Ummm but what if I needed the whole image? If cropping cutted a picture to make it 240x320, wouldn't that ruin the picture..?

I use Photoshop. It's by far the best image manipulation software.
    There is no need to crop. You can resize an image while keeping the original dimensions of the image (just making it smaller in other words)

But even then you might need to cut a piece of the pic to get it exactly right.

If you want you can post the pic you want resized, and I'll do it for you.

8. Default

Ohhhh I'll appreciate that =) Log in to see links
    Thank you so much for doing this =) If you're wondering what's with all the Kenichi pictures, it's for a theme.

9. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links

If you want you can post the pic you want resized, and I'll do it for you.

Hey, what if i have a picture thats 128x128 and i want it 240 x 320 exactly. How do i do it? I tried photoshop and other programs but it only does 240 x 240 or 320 x 320. So is there any way you can make it 240x320?

Heres the picture: http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/20623-150-ah_lunch

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsandAirwaves Log in to see links
    Hey, what if i have a picture thats 128x128 and i want it 240 x 320 exactly. How do i do it? I tried photoshop and other programs but it only does 240 x 240 or 320 x 320. So is there any way you can make it 240x320?

Heres the picture: http://www.mobiles24.com/downloads/s/20623-150-ah_lunch
    Hey there.

I resized (and modified) the pic for you, but keep in mind that going from 640x480 down to 240x320 is a lot easier than going from 128x128 up to 240x320.

You lose a lot of the image quality if you enlarge an image. So it's pixelated now
    But I'll get you a similar one in the right size...

001.jpg