View Poll Results: What is the best thing about Planet Riders 3D?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Graphics

8 66.67%
  • Gameplay

1 8.33%
  • Never played

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Review: Planet Riders 3D

Planet Riders

Mobile Game Review

Title: Planet Riders
    Developer: Fishlabs
    Publisher: I-Play
    Release Date: 24/1/2007
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Intense adrenaline-packed racing
    Reviewed on: SE W580i

Summary

Six teams,twelve jets, ten planets, three game modes and head-to-head
    adrenaline-packed races via Bluetooth. This is what Planet Riders is all about.
    Take part in action packed races on high speed orbital tracks in our very own
    solar system against the most fearless pilots.

Review

Considering that this game has been developed by Fishlabs, the first thing
    one expects to see is excellent graphics and Planet Riders does not
    disappoint us at all in that sphere. The graphics are truly breathtaking, where each oribital track in the solar system has been detailed to perfection. Each racing craft has been well detailed and has its own strength and weakness. The rich 3D graphics makes this game worthy of standing shoulder to shoulder with the console games that inspired it. Fishlabs promises that Planet Riders features "Awesome 3D graphics running smoothly up to 30 frames per second even at QVGA resolution.”

Coming to gameplay, there are ten planets, each have orbital tracks to race on and basically you have to win all the races for ultimate victory. There are three game modes, single race where you can race on any unlocked track, time attacks where you have to complete track races
    in a specific time and ofcourse the grand tournament where you first race against daredevil racers on the planets in the inner rim and on winning it, unlocks the outer rim to race on. Besides this there is Bluetooth multiplayer, an interesting feature where you can race against a friend.

The tracks are pretty long with several gradient changes and sweeping curves and look like paved rollercoaster tracks. You can collect speed bonuses along the way and lasers, rockets and mines in order to win the dangerous tournaments by zapping your opponents. There are no rules, everything is allowed and permanent adrenaline rush is guaranteed as you play the game. However ten tracks does make the game too short, consisting of about two to three hours of intense high speed racing action. Controls are smooth as auto acceleration is enabled so you just have to control the ship's direction and you get used to it in no time. The in-game music is quite good and suits the game.

Conclusion

In my personal opinion this is one of the best games of the racing genre and also one of fishlabs' best games. There's nothing to complain about the graphics however the game could have been a bit longer. Overall Planet Riders is a great and enjoyable game and keeps us asking for more.

Screenshots

Scores

Graphics: 9.5/10
    Impressive rich graphics.

Sound: 8/10
    Suit the game.

Gameplay: 8/10
    Short game, easy controls

Story: 7/10
    Nothing special, just win races.

Overall Score: 9.0 out of 10

gold.jpg
    Last edited by the_dead_man; 08-07-2009 at 09:36 AM.

2. Default

Very cunning. I like how you detailed every aspect. Good job Dip.

Overall score: 10 out of 10

3. Default

Good job Dippie 9.5/10 cos I don't think the graphics look that slick from what I see from the screenshots..

4. Default

Excellent review again Dip, I really enjoyed the game, although it did lack a decent story line

Great way to start your new position

Very nice game and very nice review,well done!

Great review,I havent played this game....Now I'll try it

7. Default

Indeed, as i said before brillant review. Team power!

great game,great review

9. Default

nice graphik

10. Default

Thanks for the feedback.

Next Review : Medal Of Honor Airborne(3D & 2D)