Page 3 of 3 First 123
    0 RP

Country
    Germany
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pratikpjain View Post
    where to find the firmware and multiloader??
    S5230XIIE2.rar
    w w w.megaupload.com/?d=1GETPOG7

MultiLoader_V5.56.exe
    w w w.mediafire.com/download.php?2wzwufjddow

I tested this and it works well, it prompts to install a jad or jar file when both are present and accessible either in the phone memory or the extra memory. It is an Italian version though of course with many other languages to choose from, when you install it and turn it on for the first time it asks in Italian if you want to automatically sync the time and date etc. The radio still doesn’t work without a headset, it’s always like that…that was a design feature. Plus when you press menu>widgets it still goes back to the main screen. My only disappointment is that there isn’t a converter program included which I had in my other firmware and that there isn’t an extra tab in the menu to view other pages of widgets…I am currently though trying to find out how to custom widgets for the phone. But programs are a breeze to install now.

1. Download Firmware and Multiloader from the site first
    2. Make sure Samsung PC Studio is installed and communicates with your phone
    3. Unrar the firmware in a folder you can easily find it.
    4. Remove the Sim and MicroSD from your phone and replace the battery.
    5. Now press vol top button+camera key+powerbutton at the same time in switch off mode without attaching the datacable.

6. Soon u will see a new screen which says Download.
    7. Now attach the datacable to the phone and open Multiloader which u donwloaded earlier.
    8. Select the radio button that includes MSM6250/MSM6250A or BRCM2133 for S5230/5233 (Samsung Star)
    9. Select Boot Change,Full Download and master rom boxes.
    10. Then click Boot, and select the boot files from the unpacked firmware folder.

11. Click the Amss, Rsrc1, and Rsrc2.
    12. Select (Low).r2c NOT (Mid).r2c. (Phone may not restart if you select mid)
    13. Then press the Factory FS tab, and select the appropriate file from the firmware folder also.
    14. FOTA and ETC fields are left blank.
    15. Click the Port Search button, it will find your phone and show the com port is ready.

16. Click the download button and be patient, this will take a few minutes to complete.
    17. When it's finished, it will show "ok complete".
    18. Unplug the phone from the USB cable, reinstall the sim, MicroSD, and power up the the phone.
    19. Now with every thing complete, You can perform a hard resetby typing *2767*3855# into the hand set (but not necessary.)
    20. When the phone resets type *#1234# into your handset to check your new firmware ver.

your new Firmware is updated and ready to use.

Make sure NPS is closed otherwise it will automatically read the usb and cause the
    installation to stop and error with this message;"Serial port detect error!" If that happens
    simply close NPS and click "Download" again. Wait for it to insall and finish.
    Last edited by krayzgerman; 31-10-2009 at 10:00 AM.

0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Lightbulb It works!!!

yaay.... Thank you guys, the method is simple and it works great!!!

firmware :: h t t p ://darkforestgroup.com/forum/index.php?topic=554.0
    multiloader :: w w w.mediafire.com/download.php?2wzwufjddow

0 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

i've installed the latest firmware. The only problem it's in Italian or something.How do i change it back to English?Also when i type 1345 to check my balance it comes back with an error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by rich6666 View Post
    i've installed the latest firmware. The only problem it's in Italian or something.How do i change it back to English?Also when i type 1345 to check my balance it comes back with an error message.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Since installing this i can't make or receive calls. Any advise please.

0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Default about calling

hey guyz i have done everything u said to do,now there is problem in my call features am unable to call or receive calls i think the phone is not catching the network,did i do anything wrong in installing please reply am unable to use phone.i have used *#1234# before installing to check my firmware i have seen my version and down to it factory fs and other line but when i used the code after installing i can see only the version s5230xiie2 and down to it there is nothing.

0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Default about calling

and guys my phone is samsung gt s5230

0 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Default samsung help needed

Quote Originally Posted by harry3745 View Post
    hey guyz i have done everything u said to do,now there is problem in my call features am unable to call or receive calls i think the phone is not catching the network,did i do anything wrong in installing please reply am unable to use phone.i have used *#1234# before installing to check my firmware i have seen my version and down to it factory fs and other line but when i used the code after installing i can see only the version s5230xiie2 and down to it there is nothing.
    i have the same problem can you help.

0 RP

Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Default sorted it out

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead4599 View Post
    i have the same problem can you help.

i hope this helps other.it worked for me

Pampooh found a way to fix an odd problem after some instance of flashing the Star. This rarly happens but if it happens to you, use this guide to fix the problem.

You can try to:
    1) Restore the RF Cal Data, just input *2767*2878#, press back key 3x, select option [3] RF Test, then select [7] RF Cal Data Restore, your device will show that your Cal Data has been successfully restored. Press end call button then restart your device. I've tried this with my s5233s, because after reverting back to my old firmware, I cannot make or recieve calls and SMS too. This worked for me.

-or-
    2) Some would advice hard resetting your device, just input *2767*3855#.

-or-
    3) Some would advice you to hard reset your device and reflash your downloaded firmware.

-or- (if you still cant get it to work on your updated firmware)
    4) Rollback to a firmware which is specifically for your device model, ie. for me I rolled back to DX Open East Asia firmware (I have s5233s), because non of the s5230 works for my particular device... After rolling back try and restore RF Cal Data as stated above.

** For me XE and XX nor any s5230 firmwares does not work for my device which is s5233s. There are many here in my country who have the same problem as me when upgrading to s5230 firmwares. Though some report, they where able to make it work...

0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

Try this-
    1)download the game or software u want to download but it should be of .jar format.for eg' i hav downloaded NFSSHIFT.jar
    2) open notepad
    3)copy this to notepad:
    <html><body><a href="APPLICATIONNAME.jar">install APPLICATIONNAME.jar</a></body></html>
    4)now replace APPLICATIONNAME with the game you hav downloaded...in my case i will replace it with NFSSHIFT
    5)now save it as APPLICATIONNAME.html..again replace APPLICATIONNAME with ur game name..
    6)now transfer the html file and jar file to your fone via bluetooth or usb
    7)on your fone go to my files and then click on APPLICATIONNAME.html..then click on the link
    and VOILA...your game is installed on your fone..go to games and more search ur game and select it...
    NOTE-both the files shud be in the same folder on ur fone
    dont replaceanything else in the html code otherwise ur game will not work
    ur file shud be of .jar format and not .jad

0 RP

Country
    India
    Thanks

where to enter the number like 65549..

Page 3 of 3 First 123