1. Exclamation video problems

ok. so here's the thing.
    I took a couple of vids with my phone (SE k810i), but when i uploaded them to my computer they won't play. I have quick time player... but it says the format is not supported even when they say they are quicktime format.... is there anything i can do? i've tried changin the format to windows media player, but they still won't play.
    please help!

thanks
    x

2. Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by perrowyn Log in to see links
    ok. so here's the thing.
    I took a couple of vids with my phone (SE k810i), but when i uploaded them to my computer they won't play. I have quick time player... but it says the format is not supported even when they say they are quicktime format.... is there anything i can do? i've tried changin the format to windows media player, but they still won't play.
    please help!

thanks
    x
    The videos will not play unless you have the correct codecs installed on your computer.

If you want to play the videos recorded on your phone, install codecs for MP4/3GP first - installing something like Log in to see links will solve the problems.

3. Default

the crazy thing is, is that all the other videos i've taken on my phone have worked perfectly on my computer...
    so I think i have the correct codec download. when i open up the phone suite it will let me play the videos when they havn't been copied onto my computer system but as soon as i have them actually on computer memory it refuses to work....?
    :S

4. Default

I still think you should try to install the codecs (again)...

5. Default

Or try and see which codecs you need using the gspot codec information appliance. (that comes with the K-Lite codec pack)

6. Default

K-lite plays almost every format..
    but if you really want to watch those videos then maybe you should convert them to any other format

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tekina Log in to see links
    Or try and see which codecs you need using the gspot codec information appliance. (that comes with the K-Lite codec pack)
    You need H.263 for 3GP and MP4 for videos recorded on the phone.

QuickTime/iTunes support MP4 - but the codec used in them is H.264

You can play the videos using PC Suite - but if you want to use them with something like Windows Media Player you need to install K-Lite or equivalent.