Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Im not trying to belittle Kimis achievement in any way Noxide

He deserves his 1st place & there is NO doubt about it!

Quote Originally Posted by DipShyt Log in to see links
    I’m not trying to belittle Kimis achievement in any way Noxide
    I know, apologies.

I'm just REALLY REALLY happy that it is finally in his hands.
    I'm going to get clobbered by my friends for saying this, but Kimi's win, for me, was 125 times more exciting than the rugby
    This sums it up perfectly:

"Despite Raikkonen’s title challenge taking some severe knocks in the early stages, the ‘Iceman’ has fought back with admirable determination. Against the odds, he has done it. By outstripping team mate Massa, taking on the might of the McLaren duo and muscling his way into the title showdown in Brazil, Raikkonen has shown himself not only to be a worthy replacement for Michael Schumacher at Ferrari, he has also proved himself a worthy world champion. Congratulations Kimi!"
    Last edited by Noxide; 22-10-2007 at 10:39 AM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    I know, apologies.
    NP

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    I'm going to get clobbered by my friends for saying this, but Kimi's win, for me, was 125 times more exciting than the rugby
    Now thats just not nice...

(You have friends??? )

Default News just in

(You have friends???)
    Now that’s just not nice...

Apparently McLaren is launching an appeal into the stewards' decision not to punish BMW and Williams for a discrepancy in the temperature of their fuel.
    If they win the appeal, and BMW and Williams gets points taken away, Kimi will lose his championship!!!

5. Default

Now that just wont be right
    Especially if you consider that one of the reasons it was that close was due to the theft of Ferraris information

I assume this is the article you're talking about Noxide:

"The BMW Sauber and Williams teams have escaped penalty after being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over fuel irregularities on their cars at the end of Sundays Interlagos race.

Under Formula One racings technical regulations fuel temperatures are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. According to FIA data, Williams and BMW Sauber exceeded this range during the race, but after deliberating for several hours stewards decided the evidence was insufficient to justify sanctions.

However, McLaren are expected to appeal the stewards' decision, which if overturned could have serious implications for the 2007 drivers' championship.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, Lewis Hamilton would move up to from seventh to fourth, giving him enough points to beat Kimi Raikkonen to the title."

That's it, albeit from a different source.

What really p's me off though, is the fact that McLaren are doing this out of pure spite.
    It is no-one's fault but his own and McLaren's that Hamilton lost the championship. He out-braked himself into turn one, and the gearbox had a problem later on.

They are now trying to get back at Ferrari for that penalty they received, but I really hope it backfires!!

If BMW and Williams gets a penalty for using fuel that the stewards can't even prove was illegal, then Hamilton should get a points penalty for using tires that were proven to be illegal and for which they got a financial penalty already.

It sucks that a great moment in Formula1 has to have a "political" shadow hanging over it.

Default From F1live.com

Europe's most widely circulated newspaper has slammed McLaren for appealing the outcome of the drivers' world championship.

"If McLaren succeed, they will deserve only one title: Worst Losers, 2007," the German language Bild-Zeitung proclaimed.

8. Default

I think they've earned that title already...

I wonder in Ferrari will lodge a complaint about Hamiltons tires if they appeal the fuel issue...
    Last edited by DipShyt; 24-10-2007 at 02:05 PM.

I think they've earned that title already...

I wonder in Ferrari will lodge a complaint about Hamiltons tires if they appeal the fuel issue...
    No they won't. They actually have some sportsmanship and dignity.
    Hamilton has already been fined $21000, but that not enough. IMO.

Default For those interested

From Log in to see links

"The FIAs International Court of Appeal will hear McLarens case against the decision of the Brazilian race stewards on Thursday, November 15."