Heading for next week-end's Brazilian Grand Prix and into the final race of the season with a seven-point deficit on his rival, Felipe Massa says that the weight of the championship pressure is squarely on Lewis Hamilton's shoulders.

"For sure, Lewis will try and put pressure on me," he commented. "But I have zero pressure, because I have nothing to lose. I have my people behind me and all the pressure will be on him, especially when you think about what happened at this race last year."

The 2007 crown slipped through the McLaren driver's fingers when an electronic mishap saw him lose a few positions, allowing Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen to clinch the prize – despite beginning the race with a seven-point deficit as well.

The Interlagos track near Sao Paulo will again see a Formula One championship settled on the ultimate round. Thanks to his points lead, Hamilton can allow himself to end the race in fifth position if Massa is ahead of him.

If Massa wins and Hamilton fares no better than sixth place, or if the Brazilian ends the race in second position and the Briton cannot reach eighth at best, then Felipe Massa will take the 2008 title.

Whatever the scenario, the Ferrari driver has no choice but to finish at least in the top two.

"It's true I have a tougher job than Lewis in terms of the points situation, but my own objective for the weekend is much more straightforward than his," Massa remarks.
"I only have to focus on winning the race on Sunday afternoon, hopefully with my team-mate second behind me."

"The only thing I am thinking about is winning. After that, the matter is not in my hands and we will have to wait and see exactly what and how much we have won," he adds. "It is impossible to predict what will happen in the Brazilian Grand Prix, but I think our car has always been very good at this circuit, even if I cannot explain exactly why."

"Another plus for me is that I will have a huge following here in my home town," the Brazilian mentions as a bonus to his final challenge of the season. "I really like to race at home and I think I race better at home. Do I need to say I'm very motivated?"

Massa also has no doubts on Ferrari's ability to gain maximum points at the Brazilian GP's famed Interlagos circuit.

"We have always gone well here and I expect that to be the case at the weekend, whatever the conditions, in the dry or in the rain and in qualifying and in the race," he confidently predicts. "I can't wait for the final Sunday of the season."