Page 63 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Williamp90 Log in to see links
    yh he has won that is that

he was the better driver??? through the season and in the end luck won it for him

but fiscicella has shown the car difference fifth down to last in a race that is bad
    i said STOP!!! all of you its enough!!
    i did not say you are wrong...just its enough now...

He's not a gentleman racer. Which makes him an idiot.

He was more lucky than good this year.
    But we'll see next year.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links

But we'll see next year.
    not again......

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links

But we'll see next year.
    Will a leg of the F1 still be held in singapore next year?
    And Hamilton was lucky...
    he took a gamble and it succeeded...
    Won by 1 point! Can you believe it?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gooblaster Log in to see links
    Will a leg of the F1 still be held in singapore next year?
    And Hamilton was lucky...
    he took a gamble and it succeeded...
    Won by 1 point! Can you believe it?
    anyways he's porky still...

porky3.gif

6. Default

he is not a gentleman but then does that make him a bad racer

next year all the cars are changing so it should make it closer and show who "really" is the better driver although the backup crew makes a big difference

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Williamp90 Log in to see links
    he is not a gentleman
    that matters a lot...honestly...

8. Default

2009 F1 calendar:

29 March: Australia
    5 April: Malaysia
    19 April: China
    26 April: Bahrain
    10 May: Spain
    24 May: Monaco
    7 June: Turkey
    21 June: Great Britain
    12 July: Germany
    26 July: Hungary
    23 August: Spain
    30 August: Belgium
    13 September: Italy
    27 September: Singapore
    4 October: Japan
    18 October: Brazil
    1 November: Abu Dhabi

9. Default

Alonso opts to stay with Renault

Fernando Alonso has ended months of speculation about his future by opting to stay at Renault for two more years.

The double world champion had been a Honda target but has turned them down following Renault's upturn in form.

Alonso, who scored more points than any other driver in the season's final five races, will be partnered by Brazilian Nelson Piquet Jr for a second year.

He said he stayed because Renault had "always been my first choice and I feel happy and comfortable with them."

The Spaniard rejoined Renault, with whom he won the drivers' title in 2005 and '06, at the start of 2008 after a tumultuous season as Lewis Hamiltons team-mate at McLaren.

The team started the year poorly but they came on strong in the final third of the season after making significant improvements to the car.

That performance, in which Alonso won superbly at both Singapore and Japan, has convinced him to stay with the team in the face of Honda's courtship.

The Anglo-Japanese team have had a poor two seasons with an uncompetitive car but wanted to build their future around Alonso and were said to have effectively offered him an open chequebook.

But in a statement issued by Renault on Wednesday, Alonso said: "Renault are a very close-knit team with a competitive and winning mentality, and also a relaxed and warm attitude, which suits me perfectly.

"After a difficult start to the season, we have overcome our difficulties and constantly improved our performances.

"My back-to-back wins in Singapore and Japan, and my recent second place podium finish in Brazil, have proved how competitive we can be.

"In the past we have won championships together, as well as going through tough moments, but we are now determined to show that we can repeat that success together in the coming seasons."

Alonso had been widely linked with a move to Ferrari either in 2009 or 2010 until the Italian team decided to extend Kimi Raikkonens contract.

But Alonso's new deal expires at the same time as Raikkonen's, making a future move to Ferrari a real possibility.

Fernando's commitment for the next two seasons confirms the faith he has in the team

Renault team boss Flavio Briatore

Renault's decision to retain Piquet is a lifeline for the son of triple world champion Nelson Piquet after a disappointing debut season.

Piquet, who was a title rival of Hamilton in the GP2 feeder series in 2006, has been well off Alonso's pace this season, although he did take a fortunate second place in the German Grand Prix in July.

There had been speculation he would be dropped in favour of another Brazilian, the teams test driver Lucas di Grassi.

But some improved performances in the closing races of the season appear to have persuaded team boss Flavio Briatore to give him a second chance.

Piquet said: "Obviously I am delighted to have the opportunity to race for Renault for a second year.

"Although I have had a tough year, I have learned a lot from my rookie season and I will aim to put that experience to good use next season."

Briatore said the decision gave Renault "one of the most exciting driver pairings with the perfect blend of youth and experience".

He added: "Fernando's commitment for the next two seasons confirms the faith he has in the team and we are delighted to continue working with him.

"He has been a big asset throughout this difficult season and his leadership and talent, matched with the team's hard work and determination, have paid off with our recent performances."

10. Default

Honda chief executive Nick Fry on Wednesday strongly suggested that Jenson Button is part of the Japanese team's plans for 2009.

The Brackley-based squad is yet to confirm its race driver lineup for next year, amid the news that Bruno Senna - and another yet unnamed youngster - is to test at Barcelona later this month.

"I am absolutely convinced that if we, at Honda, give him the car that can do the job he can compete with Lewis," Fry, referring to 28-year-old Button, told BBC Sport.

Like Button, the Brazilian veteran Rubens Barrichello is also out of contract, and given Fry's latest comments therefore seems the most likely to make room for a newcomer.

"We are not hurrying to choose our drivers for next year," added Fry. "We can afford to wait until possibly just before Christmas.

Honda, who Fry admitted fielded a "weak" car this season, made a bid to attract Fernando Alonso, but it was announced on Wednesday that the Spaniard has re-signed with Renault for two further seasons.

Fry believes that Honda's increasingly poor finish to the 2008 season could pay off next year.

"We deliberately had a strategy of not doing much to this year's car, investing all our resources in next year," he said.