Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Williamp90 Log in to see links

yes but then can i point out that raikonen went out of his way to loose a good 10 seconds so that massa could be the champion also had the wrong tyres on cold coming up the real wet area. he had to go slow

Yes, but that was within a team.
    Yesterday was McLaren and Toyota.....

hamilton is a great racer
    The pope has 7 wives.

From F1Live.com

I'm just wondering how much money Timo had on Lewis to be world champion, an online reader of the International Herald Tribune newspaper commented after the decisive Brazilian Grand Prix.

Had Toyota's Timo Glock not posted a lap time 20 seconds slower than his previous tour of the Interlagos circuit and ceded a place to the Briton, Lewis Hamilton would not have clinched the world championship.

"I am not sure if Glock was trying to do Hamilton a favour or not," said commentator and 1982 world champion Keke Rosberg.

The 'favour' theory is unlikely, given the fact that Hamilton and Glock, following a run-in or two this season, are hardly the best of friends.

"I definitely did not give the place to him (deliberately)," Glock told reporters.

Precisely why Glock had not changed to wet tyres in the late rain shower was not explained, but the German apparently revealed after the race that he had made the request to his pitwall.

"Who would have thought that Glock would have stayed out on dry tyres? It's all a bit technical, but there doesn't seem like anything dodgy or untoward," said McLaren boss Ron Dennis.

Team CEO Martin Whitmarsh insisted the team was confident Glock would be overhauled on the decisive lap, but Mercedes' Norbert Haug admits his heart sank when Sebastian Vettel stole the necessary fifth place from Hamilton.

Asked what had gone through his head, the German answered: "A (German swear) word that begins with S-C-H and ends with E!"

Glock said he felt bad for Felipe Massa, whose crew in the Ferrari garage celebrated the title for a few seconds before it became clear that the Toyota had dropped behind Hamilton.

In an interview with ITV, Hamilton laughed when he was asked what he will say to Glock when he sees him next.

"Well, I don't think I ... he did a great job. Thank God he didn't get in my way or we didn't collide. So a big thank you to him for staying out of the way," the McLaren driver said.

Wednesday is the day scheduled for the announcement of Renault's 2009 driver line-up.

"We will announce both drivers on Wednesday," said team boss Flavio Briatore reiterated at the Interlagos circuit on Sunday, scene of the last race of the 2008 season.

It is widely expected that former double world champion Fernando Alonso will be retained by the French team, particularly after the Spaniard also told reporters at the weekend that 'next week' his plans will be revealed.

Alonso's current team-mate is Nelson Piquet, who has had a difficult rookie season in 2008.
    Renault test drivers Lucas di Grassi and Romain Grosjean have been linked with his seat.

23-year-old Piquet's famous namesake and father was spotted in meetings both with Briatore, and Toro Rosso co-owner Gerhard Berger during the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend.

4. Default

hamilton is a great racer who just needs some nurturing i feel that he needs to join a team with alonso or someone elso who is expirienced and can teach him to be patient and race for the points not the win all the time

although masssa in japan did spin him

anway well done hamilton
    Hamilton WISHES he was a great racer. Nobody wants to teach him ESPECIALLY Alonso.

It's his own fault for spinning in Japan. He's a dangerous, reckless driver.

it doesn't really matter who is the best anymore

it is all tactics and cars and tyres skill is only a very small decider and hamilton is really very good for the sport him and his team have pushed being cocky to the limit and found what works for him.

he loves all the attention
    That's because he's arrogant and has an OVER-SIZED Ego.

Hamilton is an a*****e!!!
    And he is very lucky!
    Massa should be 1st!

6. Default

You know who really gets on my nevres?

His dad.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVW Log in to see links
    You know who really gets on my nevres?

His dad.
    And his brother.

8. Default

y his brother has brain damage

yes but to the hamilton glock issue and teams a team is two drivers who have the same basic car so really the only difference with hamilton glock and massa kimi is that glock is toyota and anyway who says he didn't slow becuase he wanted to finish in the points and add to his season stash for a bigger bonus

and come all the racers are reckless, 200mph straights
    i'd p**s myself

9. Default

yh he has won that is that

he was the better driver??? through the season and in the end luck won it for him

but fiscicella has shown the car difference fifth down to last in a race that is bad