Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Yes you are right, but its been all downhill since then, nothing but problems, just like a lot of teams, but i still reckon, given a good car he would be up there with them.

Quote Originally Posted by amaway Log in to see links
    Yes you are right, but its been all downhill since then, nothing but problems, just like a lot of teams, but i still reckon, given a good car he would be up there with them.
    I'll just say OK to that

Toyota said they'll quit Formula1 if the engines all came from the same supplier.

Good on them!!!

A Modena court has confirmed that sabotage against Ferrari did take place prior to last year's Monaco Grand Prix.

The development is the latest in the protracted scandal of 2007, involving accused saboteur and spy Nigel Stepney.

British engineer Stepney, who was sacked by Ferrari, was named by the Modena magistrate as most likely to have instigated the sabotage, which involved placing white powder in the fuel tanks of the Monte Carlo-bound F2007 cars.

The court report, referred to by the Spanish newspaper Diario Sport, said the powder put in the cars could have caused an engine failure.

Stepney's lawyer was quoted as saying the accusations are 'vague and inexact'.

5. Default

We do have the best spies

6. Default

Mark Webber:

HEALTHY F1 SEASON CANNOT HIDE RED BULL DISAPPOINTMENT

The sport has never been closer, the grid has never been closer. That's why we have had a lot of different podium places this year and seven different winners.

Lewis is in his second year and probably going to be the youngest ever world champion, which is a phenomenal story.

But we need to look at the sport overall, you can't just have one guy cruising around in front however phenomenal he might be. You have to put on a good show as well.

Mark Webber in his Red Bull car
    Webber struggled in qualifying in Japan but raced relatively well

In terms of myself with Red Bull, I had probably my worst qualifying session of the year in Japan, didn't really get a feeling for the car in Q2 so that 15-minute window put me back out of position.

But my race was a lot better. I had a poor start and was last in the first sector but managed to come back and get a point, which I was very happy with.

The 10-place grid penalty in China was very difficult as it's a hard track to get close to people and overtake so, in many ways, I knew that was going to hurt us.

We had to go quite light on fuel to get a bit further up the grid in Q3, which put us 16th. We needed some weather or a safety car at some stage to try to bring us back into the hunt.

I would have like to have got more points but, to be honest, it's been a pretty tough second part of the year.

Mark Webber was talking to Andrew Benson

I feel sorry for Webber.

He's a good driver.

8. Default

Hamilton targets final title push

Hamilton is aiming to be the first British champion since Damon Hill in 1996
    Lewis Hamilton is looking for a repeat of his focused performance in China when the F1 season climaxes in Brazil.

The McLaren star leads the championship by seven points from Ferrari's Felipe Massa after his Shanghai victory.

"Our aim wasn't to push too hard, but we found ourselves at the front and took it from there," said the Briton.

"That's what I'm hoping to achieve in Brazil - a straightforward weekend that allows me to just focus on my car and my driving."

A year ago, Hamilton had the title in his sights at Interlagos in his debut season, but his weekend was anything but clear cut.

McLaren had an FIA observer stationed in their garage to ensure fair play following the team's dramatic falling-out with Hamilton's team-mate Fernando Alonso.

WHAT HAMILTON NEEDS TO DO
    If Massa wins in Brazil, Hamilton must finish at least fifth to be champion
    If Massa is second, Hamilton must finish at least seventh
    If Massa is third or lower, Hamilton is champion regardless of his result in Brazil

On race day, a tense-looking Hamilton endured a miserable opening lap, running wide at one point to drop to eighth after starting second on the grid.

More agony followed on lap eight when he suffered a gearbox issue that relegated him to 18th, and despite a brave charge through the field, he could only finish seventh.

Hamilton missed out on the title by a point that day as Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen claimed the drivers' crown.

Next Sunday, the 23-year-old simply has to finish in the top five to take his place in F1 history.

"Fundamentally, I'll approach this race the same way I've approached the previous races," he said.

"Obviously, my aim for Brazil is slightly different from the other Grands Prix because I don't need to win the race.

"But that won't stop me from going into the weekend looking to be as strong as possible."

Given the pressure of the situation, Hamilton added he will "take absolutely nothing for granted.

"I still need to pull together a strong qualifying lap, be competitive during the race and avoid failing to finish," he said.

"I know how this sport works sometimes, so I'd be foolish to go to Brazil feeling over-confident."

Last race of Formula 1 as we know it.
    Hope they don't stuff it up too badly next year...

This is hilarious

Porker.jpg