Page 49 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
  1. Default

The FIA and representatives of Formula One teams have agreed to cut costs for smaller teams from next season.

FIA president Max Mosley and Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo said the agreement would produce "significant cost savings for 2009 and 2010".

Officials of three teams, who wished to stay anonymous, said that the cost of engines supplied to independent teams will be capped at $13.2m a year.

The engines will also run for three instead of two race weekends.

The FIA said in a joint statement with the Formula One Teams Association (Fota) after a meeting in Geneva that the teams were "working urgently on further proposals for 2010 and thereafter".

Mosley said earlier this month that, even without the global credit crunch, the sport had become unsustainable at the current levels of spending.

The teams will meet during the Brazilian Grand Prix between 31 October and 2 November to discuss changing the testing mileage from 2009, the team officials said.

The FIA and Fota will meet again after the race to modify the rules for chassis design from 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVW Log in to see links
    The engines will also run for three instead of two race weekends.
    That's just pathetic.

3. Default

And will affect races

And will affect races
    Indeed. It's stupid. Those things rev at up to 19 000 rpm.

Anyway. That made it work for two races.
    Let's see what happens.

5. Default

Well if it saves F1 I don't mind.

Well if it saves F1 I don't mind.
    I agree, but they must be careful not to turn the sport into something ridiculous.

7. Default

Let's just hope they don't make too many changes

Remind me never to visit London.

An enormous painted portrait of Lewis Hamilton will soon be on public display in central London.

Reebok, the McLaren driver's major personal sponsor, has commissioned freelance artist Ian Cook to paint a huge 96 square metre likeness of Hamilton's face.

The work is taking place this week, in Cook's unique style; he drops paint on the canvas and then spreads it around by using various remote-controlled cars.

The finished product will ultimately be hung near the Tower of London from Wedesday October 29th, and displayed throughout the decisive Brazilian round of the 2008 championship.

"It will take all week," Cook said, "and I'll be working 14-16 hours a day on it."

9. Default

Oh my word....

10. Default

We should go there so we can puke on it, shoot paintballs at it and set it alight!!!