Page 41 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
  1. Default

that was sooooo funny

I have enjoyed so much in this round

Congratulations alonso

Quote Originally Posted by sulphide Log in to see links
    haha at least i manage to get iceman's autograph on my cap

Did you really?
    If so, I'm really miffed. Lucky, lucky you.

I love the track, but they'll have to make some major improvements for next year.

Reigning World Champion Kimi Raikkonen on Sunday admitted that his hopes of defending the title in 2008 are now over.

The Finn recorded yet another failure to score points at F1's first race under the lights, crashing out of fifth place after clipping the Singapore street circuit's now notorious turn 10 kerbs.

"My situation in the championship was already rather compromised, so this doesn't really make that much difference," Raikkonen said.

The DNF means he is now 27 points behind McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton's championship lead with three races to go.

Mathematically, Raikkonen's title chance is not quite dashed, but he told reporters in Singapore that he is "out of the championship" now.

"It was a pretty small chance (before the race) anyhow," he added.

4. Default

Woooots...
    did any of u watch the F1?
    i watched it on TV lol...
    my frens got to go there in person!
    they are loaded...
    anyway, alonso won due to luck...

Quote Originally Posted by sulphide Log in to see links
    What a field day for the Singapore Grand Prix. Lol with the massa fuel pump howler and eventual 13th placing. Fernando Alonso came in first, followed by Roseberg and then Hamilton. And Kimi crashed into a wall. I suppose it is Hamilton's title to lose now with his 7 point lead over Massa.
    This blunder made ferrari lose...
    Hahahaha...
    it was fun to see cars crash...

Quote Originally Posted by duje14 Log in to see links
    Human controls the lights
    Point taken...
    i bet massa must be frustrated...
    Last edited by amaway; 29-09-2008 at 10:29 AM.

5. Default

'This is humiliating for F1'

Singapore - Ferrari and McLaren have attacked the safety car rule that decided last weekend's Singapore Grand Prix, describing it as "humiliating" and "hopelessly wrong" for Formula One.

Fernando Alonso won his first race for Renault thanks to the good fortune of pitting before the safety car emerged a third of the way into the grand prix. It enabled him to tack onto the back of the field under safety car conditions and then go to the front when other drivers pitted when the pit lane was reopened.

McLaren chief executive Martin Whitmarsh expects the Singapore events to prompt a change in the rules relating to when drivers can pit under safety car conditions.

"It will happen I am sure by the start of next year," Whitmarsh was quoted as saying by Autosport magazine. "For people to change now they have to accept they got it hopelessly wrong, and it has to change during the winter."

While safety car intervention can make races closer and provide some unpredictability, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo felt it cheapened the sport.

"Unfortunately when we race on tracks where staging a circus or something else would be better, anything can happen, because the spectacle is supplied by the safety car," Montezemolo was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"This is humiliating for F1. We want to talk about this with all the other teams in the upcoming weeks."

F1's first ever night race received glowing reviews from most teams for how the track had been created largely from scratch, the faultless operation of the lighting system, and generally good organization.

However, drivers complained about how bumpy the track was, particularly off the racing line, which made overtaking difficult on a street circuit hemmed in by barriers.

The Ferrari president criticized both Singapore and Valencia - a street circuit that hosted the European Grand Prix earlier this month.

"Going forward with these circuits heralds a bad future for Formula One," Montezemolo said.

Ferrari did not score a point in Singapore after Felipe Massa's terrible pitstop in which he drove away with the fuel rig and hose still attached, dropping him from race leader to last.

Kimi Raikkonen, whose race was compromised by being directly behind Massa in a pitstop queue, crashed out with three laps remaining while running fifth.

That saw Ferrari drop a point below McLaren in the constructors' championship, while Massa slipped seven points behind Hamilton in the drivers' championship with three races remaining.

"It was a bitter day, but there are three races yet and I have faith in all Ferrari's men," Montezemolo said. "We saw that last year in the final race in Brazil.

"Ferrari went through times much more difficult than this. ... I expect Massa and Raikkonen to always finish first and second in the three remaining races. In any case, ahead of McLaren."

I agree 100%.

It's a stupid rule and it should definitely be modified.

7. Default

Too bad about the fuel pump accident, ferrari could've won. Btw who was that guy who took the wrong turn and headed towards a dead end?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_pohan Log in to see links
    Too bad about the fuel pump accident, ferrari could've won. Btw who was that guy who took the wrong turn and headed towards a dead end?
    That was Sebastien Bourdais. He didn't take a wrong turn, he just didn't take the turn.

raikkonen-singapore-z-wri-03_280908.jpg

Despite crashing out and scoring no points, world champion Kimi Raikkonen equalled a record at Sunday's Singapore Grand Prix.

The Finn set the fastest lap of the sport's first night race; his tenth such achievement in the 15 Grand Prix so far in 2008.

"In the opening laps, the car was a bit difficult but then it improved a lot," Raikkonen confirmed.

It equals Michael Schumacher's standing record of ten fastest laps in the 2004 season, an achievement 28-year-old Raikkonen also equalled as a McLaren driver in 2005.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    raikkonen-singapore-z-wri-03_280908.jpg

Despite crashing out and scoring no points, world champion Kimi Raikkonen equalled a record at Sunday's Singapore Grand Prix.

The Finn set the fastest lap of the sport's first night race; his tenth such achievement in the 15 Grand Prix so far in 2008.

"In the opening laps, the car was a bit difficult but then it improved a lot," Raikkonen confirmed.

It equals Michael Schumacher's standing record of ten fastest laps in the 2004 season, an achievement 28-year-old Raikkonen also equalled as a McLaren driver in 2005.
    Go Kimi!!!