Page 30 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
  1. Default

The two race rule M8
    They're not allowed to work on the engine at all...

Quote Originally Posted by DipShyt Log in to see links
    The two race rule M8
    They're not allowed to work on the engine at all...
    That's true. What a stupid rule.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    That's true. What a stupid rule.
    I think half the new rules are stupid to be honest

It's apparently so that the smaller teams can also be competitive (read cost cutting). F1 is an expensive sport, it always has been. If you can't afford to be there get out!
    It's like telling the cyclists in the tour De France that they must all ride bikes costing less than R500.00 because Pietie also wants to compete... LUDICROUS!

I think half the new rules are stupid to be honest

It's apparently so that the smaller teams can also be competitive (read cost cutting). F1 is an expensive sport, it always has been. If you can't afford to be there get out!
    It's like telling the cyclists in the tour De France that they must all ride bikes costing less than R500.00 because Pietie also wants to compete... LUDICROUS!
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    And they're not cutting costs. The 2.4 V8 engines were brought in because they are less expensive than the V10. But now the V8 is beating lap times set by the V10.
    If they tell me that the cost of developing that V8 is cheaper than the V10, I'll laugh in their faces.

Oh come on!!!! This is bull!!!

Photo F1-Live.com
    1.5 litre turbo engines used two decades ago
    In the current trackside discussions about possible new rules for the future, some teams are pushing for a radical change on the engine front.

According to the largest Austrian daily, Kronen Zeitung, Renault and also BMW are fully behind the push for small turbo-charged engines for the 2012 season and beyond.

The newspaper said those teams have proposed a 1.5 litre capacity for the turbos, with 1.5 bar boost.

Ferrari's current reliability problems aside, it is no surprise the Italian marque's rivals are pushing for the end to the current 2.4 litre normally-aspirated V8 era.

One key speed trap at the Valencia circuit last weekend captured Sebastien Bourdais (313kmh), Kimi Raikkonen (313), Sebastian Vettel (313), Felipe Massa (312) and Adrian Sutil (311) monopolising the top five positions in terms of sheer top-end grunt.

All of the aforementioned drivers use Ferrari engines.

6. Default

Why don't they just reduce the wheelbase & track of the cars at the same time... Hang on, then it would be go carting

Why don't they just reduce the wheelbase & track of the cars at the same time... Hang on, then it would be go carting
    Formula 1 is starting to go from the pinnacle of motorsport to the pinnacle of comedy.

They should have never gone onto grooved tires, kept the 3.0 liter V10 and the fact that the rules keep changing is a joke as well.

8. Default

I understand that having all the cars on a "level" playing field will make it more "interesting" as there will be more competition & passing (in theory anyway).

The thing is that you'll always have teams who get more out of the cars than others. So what's the point really? To bore us to death? Or to make it even harder for new teams to actually get something done?

I understand that having all the cars on a "level" playing field will make it more "interesting" as there will be more competition & passing (in theory anyway).
    I don't agree with you there. Formula1 has always been about being the best. If the smaller teams can't catch up, it shouldn't be to the detriment of the winning teams.

Kimi Raikkonen has hit back at claims his current performance trough is caused by waning motivation.

At Valencia, the reigning world champion was overtaken in the points standings by team-mate Felipe Massa, as rumours gain momentum that retirement looms around the corner.

The latest reports, in the Spanish newspaper Diario AS, claim that former champion Fernando Alonso is more than ready to step into the Ferrari cockpit next year.

"If somebody has doubts concerning my motivation, let them doubt," Raikkonen said on Wednesday. "One thing I can say is that right now I am more motivated than ever."

He insists his slump, particularly with getting the F2008 to perform over a single lap, has been exaggerated.

"Obviously there has been a lot of talk about my qualifying problems. But in Hungary I just went wide on my last lap of Q3. Without that we would easily have been third.
    "

Amid the open criticism of the Italian media, it is no surprise that Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali strongly backed the team's highest paid driver.

{Now this is interesting}

Less predictable has been the backing of his former team, with separate comments of defence coming from McLaren chiefs Martin Whitmarsh, as well as Ron Dennis.

"Kimi is a fierce competitor, a highly talented racing driver and I wouldn't levy any criticism at him at all," Dennis said.