Page 23 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird Log in to see links
    By cars you mean ferrari's... right?
    Ouch...

Yes, they were also all over the place. But at least they both finished.
    Poor old David Coulthard. His last British Grand Prix and he gets taken out on the first lap.

2. Default

i know... i felt sorry for him

Yeah. But he's still going to be involved with F1 after he retires, so it won't be the last one he'll be present at.

Default Volkswagen could possibly come back... Cool

From Log in to see links

F1 is not in Volkswagen's sights within the next three years, the German carmaker's motor racing representative Hans-Joachim Stuck insists.

BMW-Sauber team boss Mario Theissen suggested last weekend that other European manufacturers, including VW, Audi and Porsche, are interested in the sport's current direction, including measures to rationalise budgets and road-relevant technologies like KERS.

"For a global automobile company such as Volkswagen, Formula One is always a topic," Stuck, who contested Grands Prix as a driver in the 70s, told the German language newspaper Vorarlberger Nachrichten.

Adding that part of his role is to communicate with "powerful" figures including Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone, Stuck explained, "An entry within the next three years is however not realistic. There are still uncertainties in the regulations - (like) the engine freeze."

Default Wonder who he is??

Former double world champion Fernando Alonso has dealt a blow to rumours he is the mysterious character known in motoring circles as 'The Stig'.

The Stig, who always wears plain white racing gear and helmet, is an anonymous and highly-skilled test driver for the BBC television motoring programme, Top Gear.

It is often speculated that Alonso is The Stig. But the rumour exited the realms of possibility during the recent British Grand Prix weekend, when The Stig actually appeared in the Silverstone paddock.

He performed some laps of the damp Northamptonshire circuit at the wheel of a two-seater Formula One car - watched on closely by none other than Alonso.

"Whoever's in that car is a seriously good driver," the 19-time Grand Prix winner is quoted as telling the Top Gear website.

"I've no idea who he is, but he's definitely ex-F1," Alonso added.

6. Default

i knew he was good and made out to be one of the best but i thought that was just tallk(anyone discounted brundle or blundell yet as they both would be easily available for a bitish tv prog?)

Quote Originally Posted by lazyitus Log in to see links
    i knew he was good and made out to be one of the best but i thought that was just tallk(anyone discounted brundle or blundell yet as they both would be easily available for a bitish tv prog?)
    I think Mark Blundel is a bit old by now , but you're right...
    It could well be Martin Brundle.

Can't wait for this weekend !!!
    Good racing ahead of us.

Plus, South Africa is playing Australia in the Tri Nations!!!
    We're gonna pummel them!!! (hopefully)

9. Default

Qualifying results for the German Grand Prix:

1. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes
    2. Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari
    3. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes
    4. Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota
    5. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault
    6. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari
    7. Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber
    8. Mark Webber (Aus) RedBull - Renault
    9. Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso - Ferrari
    10. David Coulthard (GB) RedBull - Renault
    11. Timo Glock (Ger) Toyota
    12. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber
    13. Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams - Toyota
    14. Jenson Button (GB) Honda
    15. Sebastien Bourdais (Fra) Toro Rosso - Ferrari
    16. Kazuki Nakajima (Jpn) Williams - Toyota
    17. Nelson Piquet (Brz) Renault
    18. Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda
    19. Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India - Ferrari
    20. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Force India - Ferrari

10. Default

I turned on the radio today and was astounded by what I heard coming out of it"There's 12 laps to go and in 1st place is Nelson Piquet"! Natural order was restored by the end when he finished 2nd(but still damn high for him)