Page 128 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1365

From F1Live

Log in to see links is confident Pirelli's new 2011 tyres will make racing more interesting and has predicted two or three pit stops per race.
    Last year the Bridgestone tyres were particularly hardwearing, meaning most drivers at most circuits made just one pit stop. At races where tyre degradation was higher, the action was often more interesting as drivers had to balance pace against tyre wear.
    From an early stage in the development of the 2011 tyres, Pirelli hinted that it would factor in more degradation in order to make racing more exciting. Several teams reported a severe drop off in rear tyre grip at the Abu Dhabi test at the end of the season and since then Pirelli has continued to refine the characteristics of the tyre.
    De la Rosa, who has been the Italian firm's main tester since he lost his drive at Sauber last year, reckons the tyres are now capable of producing better racing than in previous years.
    "The races will be more interesting, because they have designed a tyre for the show - especially the super soft which is very fast but also has a very big degradation," he told Barcelona radio Rac1.
    He added that he thinks the outcomes of the races will be "more open" with each driver making "2 or 3 stops per grand prix".
    But he played down speculation that the new tyres, combined with adjustable rear wings and the return of KERS, will mean that qualifying is far less important than before.
    "Qualifying will always be 70% of the outcome of the race," said de la Rosa. "Of course, it is true that the difference between the first and the second choice of compounds is very large. So those who start further back than eleventh will have a chance to fight for points because the harder tyre will last much longer than the soft. But that's only speculation."
    De la Rosa has just completed a two-night test in Abu Dhabi, working on Pirelli's wet tyres. But with Pirelli's solo testing reaching a respite (the teams will start testing again on February 1), he said he was back in the market for an F1 drive.
    "The truth is I don't know what will happen next," he said. "In January the contract with Pirelli ends and my priority is to find a seat in Formula One."
    He agreed that the current situation for aspiring F1 racers is "very difficult".
    "If I don't race I would be happy to continue in F1 as a reserve driver," announced de la Rosa.
    He spent several years as McLaren's main test driver, but insists he is currently "not close to any teams, even McLaren."

Ferrari 2011 F1 car F150..

Ferrari has launched its 2011 car, the F150, at its base in Maranello, Italy.
    It is the first new car to be launched this year and, weather permitting, will be in action this afternoon on the team's private Fiorano test track for promotional filming. The car carries the hopes of Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa, who finished second and sixth in the drivers' title last year.
    Although the car looks similar to the 2010 model, with a slightly wider mid-section to accommodate its KERS unit, technical director Aldo Costa said the ban on double diffusers has required a completely new approach.
    "Due to the new rules the car should be a proper cut compared to the previous one, with new concepts and lines of development," he said. "As far as the looks are concerned the rules keep them quite unaltered. The cars look like the ones from last year, but from a technical point of view they will be really different."
    When asked what the biggest challenge had been in the F150's development, he said: "Starting from scratch with the car's rear, because the double diffuser and the F-duct are gone and there have been some clarifications regarding the car's underbody: these were the main challenges and why we had to start from scratch rethinking the whole project."
    He said the upper-body aerodynamics would be completely reworked over the course of testing, meaning the car will be quite different for the first race in Bahrain on March 13.
    "The car's evolution has been planned with two big stages: one during the winter tests, where we will mainly develop the area of the mechanics, which means that the car's structure, the chassis, the gearbox and the suspension will remain the same for the first couple of races," he said. "The aerodynamics is simplified and temporary for the first tests, waiting for the real aerodynamic development for the first race."

Full interview with Stefano Domenicali

Team principal Stefano Domenicali said Ferrari's objective this year was clear.
    "Our goal is to win the championships, we know that it's not easy but that is what we are trying to achieve," he said. "I think that there are many very, very good teams, so I would not underestimate any of them. I think Red Bull and I think McLaren, but there are many other good teams that will emerge during the year. On the drivers' side, there are all the world champion drivers and the new talents that are coming up, so it will be a tough season, we know that."
    Ferrari F150 technical specification
    Chassis
    - Carbon-fibre and honeycomb composite structure
    - Ferrari longitudinal gearbox
    - Limited-slip differential
    - Semiautomatic sequential electronically controlled gearbox - quick shift
    - Number of gears: 7 +Reverse
    - Brembo ventilated carbon-fibre disc brakes
    - Independent suspension, push-rod activated torsion springs front and rear
    - Weight with water, lubricant and driver: 640 kg
    - BBS Wheels (front and rear): 13"

Engine
    - Type: 056
    - Number of cylinders: 8
    - Cylinder block in sand cast aluminium V 90°
    - Number of valves: 32
    - Pneumatic distribution
    - Total displacement: 2398 cm3
    - Piston bore: 98 mm
    - Weight > 95 kg
    - Electronic injection and ignition
    - Fuel: Shell V-Power
    - Lubricant: Shell Helix Ultra

Ferrari F150

Mercedes MGP W02

Team Lotus T128

Sauber C30

Lotus Renault GP R31

I like Renault's car, and I cant wait so see Virgin's car

The Mercedes looks a lot better, but the Sauber looks awesome.

Considering it's a Sauber.

Very interesting front wing design...

Lotus.jpg

RedBull RB7

Untitled-3.jpg

10. Default

Renault is great team