Page 102 of 137 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1365
  1. Default

I'm a Redbull fan so Vettel and Webber.

What a race for both Alonso and Vettel!! That last lap had me chewing through my fingers.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    What a race for both Alonso and Vettel!! That last lap had me chewing through my fingers.
    I honestly thought Vettel would have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links
    Did it taste nice...

5. Default

F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone worries for Korean Grand Prix

Ecclestone admits to Korean GP concerns

Formula 1 chief Bernie Ecclestone has expressed doubts over whether October's Korean Grand Prix will go ahead.

Ecclestone hopes the race will happen but says concerns will remain until the Yeongam track passes an FIA inspection.

"It's not good. It should have been inspected six weeks ago," he told BBC Sport at Sunday's Singapore Grand Prix.

A Korean race official admitted they were taking Ecclestone's remarks "seriously" but they would be ready to host the race as scheduled.

"We will have no problem in hosting the race on October 24 as we have almost completed work," revealed Korea Auto Valley Operation (KAVO) spokesman Kim Jae-Ho.

The Korean International Circuit, which has still to be completed, was initially scheduled for an inspection on 21 September, but that was a public holiday in Korea.

I actually think he's just giving a few people there a serious hurry-up and a warning.

Martin Brundle

FIA press officer Alexandra Schieren said the new inspection, by FIA race director Charlie Whiting, would take place on 11 October.

"We will rush to complete work and FIA officials will see a complete circuit when they conduct a final inspection in two weeks," said Kim.

"We take Ecclestone's remarks seriously as a message that we have to step up preparations for the race."

Ecclestone had expressed doubts that the race would go ahead.

"We normally have a 90-day check before a race and now we are sort of putting this off," he stated.

"What we've done is quite dangerous. It's a question of do we cancel the race or not? They say everything will be OK - we have to hope they're right."

BBC F1 analyst Martin Brundle believes Ecclestone's comments are intended as a warning to KAVO.

"It's very unusual for Bernie to send a message like that unless he wants to get a message out [to Korea]. It was very powerful," explained Brundle.

"I actually think he's just giving a few people there a serious hurry-up and a warning.

"I think we will be going to the race, because it would have a massive impact on the championship if there are only three rounds remaining instead of four.

In addition, Red Bull team principal Christian Horner told BBC Sport: "I think they'll get it done. They're pretty committed and I think the race will happen.

F1 cars are scheduled to take to the track for practice on Friday 22 October, qualifying a day later and the race on Sunday 24 October.

The Korean circuit is the only new venue on the F1 calendar this season and has been designed by Hermann Tilke, the man behind the layouts of the new tracks in Malaysia, China, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.

The next race is in Japan on 10 October, followed by Korea, Brazil (on 7 November) and finally Abu Dhabi (on 14 November).

Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso's victory in Singapore at the weekend means he now trails Red Bull's Mark Webber by 11 points in the drivers' championship, with Lewis Hamilton of McLaren nine points further adrift in third.

Bernie Fossilstone.

Does he not realize that he is WAAAYYYY too old to make level-headed decisions?

Five races to go

A racing car is on fire

There are only 4 races left.

Possibly only 3 if Korea bombs out

9. Default

This season's gone too quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aar0n Log in to see links
    This season's gone too quick.

Indeed.
    Melbourne feels like two weeks ago.