1. Default Java Game/App Compatibility

I'm buying a new phone which happens to be a foreign one from Asia. It supports Java, so will the Java games and applications on this site work on my phone? Or will there be a compatibility issue ( ex., when a certain application or game is only compatible with the listed phone model(s) ) ?

Additional information: The phone is touch screen, but you can navigate around using a button as well.
    Last edited by Sherryy; 04-05-2009 at 02:15 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sherryy Log in to see links
    I'm buying a new phone which happens to be a foreign one from Asia. It supports Java, so will the Java games and applications on this site work on my phone? Or will there be a compatibility issue ( ex., when a certain application or game is only compatible with the listed phone model(s) ) ?

Additional information: The phone is touch screen, but you can navigate around using a button as well.
    Just because the phone supports Java does not mean that it can run all Java applications and games, although most of them may work if the phone supports MIDP 2.0 and later.

If you want maximum Java compatibility then you should by a Sony Ericsson phone with 240x320 resolution.

3. Default

Thank you. I'm not sure if it does support MIDP, but I'll find out.

If anyone else is still reading, I have another question: is it possible to shrink the screen size of java games/apps? There has been one method I am familiar with used to enlarge but I haven't heard of anyone trying to shrink the screen size before.