Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default SE W580i problem

when i bought the phone two weeks back, the shop guy put a sim card in it to show how the phone works, after we came home i inserted my mum's sim cuz she wanted to use it till my exams and it worked but now when i insert any other sim from my two sim cards it refuses to recognize them, however my mom's sim works fine in it, please help i want to use my phone, its become useless now...i cant use it help....

2. Default

When you say doesn't "recognise" what exactly do you mean? Does it give any error message? Or it just says insert SIM?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tekina Log in to see links
    When you say doesn't "recognise" what exactly do you mean? Does it give any error message? Or it just says insert SIM?
    It keeps saying insert sim card or view a demo of the phone

4. Default

Since the phone is new, I say just take it to where you bought it from, trying anything like reflashing will unnecessarily void the warrenty.

Usko bol theek karne ko.

5. Default

first dead men nice new avater

and of which provider is ure phone is it the same as ure mothers maybe because of the difrent providers ?????????????????????????/

6. Default

It might be locked, if the guy in the shop put the same provider sim card in as your mum's(provider eh) And you have a different provider, then you need to get it unlocked to get it to work Or as other people have said, take it back

7. Default

No, phones in India are never locked.

8. Default

Maybe his SIM card is not working correctly... better try with a third SIM to see if the phone accepts it....

Edit:
    He's tried two of his SIMs... in that case he should take it back to the shop guy... or call Sony Ericsson support.. its toll free...
    Last edited by nisx91; 23-04-2009 at 07:45 AM.

9. Default

I'm coming to India

10. Default

me 2 hahahaha