1. Default Game Uploading

When I uploaded a couple of games it wanted a screen shot of the game itself, I didn't have one and put in one of the BBC3 blobs instead.

Can anyone tell me how to take a screen shot of the game so I can put something relevant in the future?

I use a Sony Ericsson w810i

2. Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-C Log in to see links
    When I uploaded a couple of games it wanted a screen shot of the game itself, I didn't have one and put in one of the BBC3 blobs instead.

Can anyone tell me how to take a screen shot of the game so I can put something relevant in the future?

I use a Sony Ericsson w810i

you dont need to put any specific screenshots. instead i just use the same file that im uploading as the screenshot and it has worked everytime.
    hope you find these usefull cos im looking forward to seeing ur games here soon.

There are 3 ways to get screenshots...
    1. Search Google images
    2. Extract the .jar file using winrar and see if there is a splash screen image inside (The splash image will normally indicate the screen resolution of the game)
    3. Download this Log in to see links. This program will run the game on your pc so you can test it, and also get a screenshot when you hold Alt - Prt Scrn (Print Screen) then paste the image into Microsoft Paint or whatever image editing software you have, then crop the image and save.

I think you can also get screenshots & screen resolutions using the Log in to see links

If you can't find a screenshot, you don't need to upload any preview file.

Please remember that games will be validated quicker with the correct screenshot and correct screen resolution.
    Last edited by Karl; 25-07-2007 at 01:34 PM.

4. Default Preview Uploading Problem

Can't upload preview image (.jpg/.gif). Followed the suggestions given yet still get the same error message.

"Upload failed: Preview 1 could not be recognised or has an extension that is not allowed."

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
    ?

5. Default

i got my screenshot from google,and i put file extension html