View Poll Results: Is this a good way to test your brain cells?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is! I love Math!

8 57.14%
  • I like it

3 21.43%
  • Its ok...

2 14.29%
  • Need more riddles/puzzles

1 7.14%
  • I hate Math! Why would I waste my time on it?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal Log in to see links
    is this puzzle so difficult??? should i change it??
    I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER!!

2. Default

ummm.... should I post the answer????

3. Default

Find the Gold:

Lucy Sly, a brilliant detective, has tracked some pirates to their island base. In their secret cave, she finds the pirate chief with three chests of treasure. One chest contains pieces of iron, one chest pieces of gold, and the third has a mixture.

In return for a chance to escape, the pirate chief offers Lucy one chest to take away with her. All three chests are labeled - IRON, GOLD, and MIXTURE. But, he warns her, all the labels are on the wrong chests.

"Then I can't tell which is which," she replies.
    "I will take one object out of any one these chests, and show it to you - although you may not look inside."

Which chest would you choose to see an object from? And how would you be sure you got the chest of gold?

Ask him to open the iron chest, since all chests are maked with wrong names,
    the iron chest must contain either gold or mixure, if it contains gold, take the iron chest and if it contains mixture, take the mixture chest which should contain gold.

Gold isn't iron...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Noxide Log in to see links

Gold isn't iron...
    its just a puzzle

6. Default

u r wrong dead man!!!!!!!!!!! if we ask to open the IRON chest, then its definitely going to have gold, but it might also be the MIXTURE of iron and gold. so read the puzzle again, i've asked u how can u recognize the GOLD chest. it should not contain MIXTURE of both. WOW! i've really given away the solution this time!

The chest is gold.

8. Default

u r wrong dead man!!!!!!!!!!! if we ask to open the IRON chest, then its definitely going to have gold, but it might also be the MIXTURE of iron and gold. so read the puzzle again, i've asked u how can u recognize the GOLD chest. it should not contain MIXTURE of both. WOW! i've really given away the solution this time!
    i just said this... if it contains mixture, take the 'mixture' chest which should contain gold, that is if the iron chest does not have gold, read the whole thing which i said

9. Default

The solution is pretty simple actually, here:

Solution to Find the Gold:

Just ask to see a sample from the chest labeled MIXTURE, because you know it isn't one. If it's gold, that box must be full of gold; take it.

If the sample is of iron, then take the box labeled IRON, because you know the gold is in neither the GOLD nor the MIXTURE chests.

easy right???

10. Default

Magic Triangle:

Here's a triangle of ovals:

(Pathetic attempt making the picture, I know.)

Now can you write the numbers 1 through 6 in the ovals, using each number once, so that the total you get by adding the numbers along each side always comes to 9?