View Poll Results: Is this a good way to test your brain cells?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is! I love Math!

8 57.14%
  • I like it

3 21.43%
  • Its ok...

2 14.29%
  • Need more riddles/puzzles

1 7.14%
  • I hate Math! Why would I waste my time on it?

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

remember gloves are different from socks, because they are separate for each hand. unlike socks, which can be worn on any foot. try asking someone else...

2. Wink

ok... kinda hard. hmmm... ok, let me give u another one, u can think about last one as much as u want. (I'll post the solution if someone asks for it). here's the next one:

Birthday Hugs:
    Jenny invites her three best friends Janey, Jeannie and Joany to come to a party at her house, and when they all arrive, they all give each other hugs.
    How many hugs is that altogether?
    (not much difficult right?)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal Log in to see links
    ok... kinda hard. hmmm... ok, let me give u another one, u can think about last one as much as u want. (I'll post the solution if someone asks for it). here's the next one:

Birthday Hugs:
    Jenny invites her three best friends Janey, Jeannie and Joany to come to a party at her house, and when they all arrive, they all give each other hugs.
    How many hugs is that altogether?
    (not much difficult right?)
    I know this one..... 6 is the answer.....ryt?

4. Default

Illusion is correct!!! and so is deadman!
    The answer to Birthday Hugs is 6
    Last edited by GamerGal; 26-02-2009 at 02:34 PM.

5. Default

Solution to Birthday Hugs:

Each girl hugs 3 others, so it looks like 4x3=12 hugs, but that would be counting every hug twice! so the answer is half of 12, that is 6.
    good work illusion and deadman!
    Last edited by GamerGal; 26-02-2009 at 02:35 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGal Log in to see links
    Solution to Birthday Hugs:

Each girl hugs 3 others, so it looks like 4x3=12 hugs, but that would be counting every hug twice! so the answer is half of 12, that is 6.
    good work illusion and deadman!
    True, in other words considering the permutations, its 3P2 where Number of girls is 3 and each can hug the other two (not herself) so it results in 3! which gives us 6

7. Default

No more puzzle ?

Quote Originally Posted by the_dead_man Log in to see links
    True, in other words considering the permutations, its 3P2 where Number of girls is 3 and each can hug the other two (not herself) so it results in 3! which gives us 6

I feel extremely stupid right now.

9. Talking

no more puzzles? can that be possible? here's a nice one:

Slippery Slopes:
    Barney the Brave sets off to climb a mountain which is 12,000 feet high. He plans to climb 3,000 feet each day before taking overnight rests. A mischievous mountain spirit, however, decides to test Barney's resolve. Each night, Barney's sleeping bag, with him sleeping in it, is magically moved 2,000 feet back down the mountain, so that when he wakes up in the morning he finds himself only 1000 feet higher than he was the morning before!

Not one to give up, Barney eventually succeeds. But how many days does it take him to reach the summit?