Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default To share my experiences

hi all,
    I just tried to install the Java games yesterday. I found out that the main problem that most people encountered the message "Jave error, Invalid Format" or something like that. I was in same situation at the beginning. However,after few times of failure, I found out that the main reason is the attached .jad file downloaded from the website. so please go to google and download the jadmaker software. then use that software to create a new .jad file. After that just follow the instructions as given above and should be ok. I tried already, it works.

Hi hokkilah, there was a bug with our JAD download system which I have just fixed. Therefore, there is no longer any need to create your own JAD files.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

3. Default

This doesn't appear to work with me, I also get the "Java error, invalid format" error, even when I make my own .jad files.

4. Default

It didn't work for me neither. I tried downloading via wap but still it doesn't worK

5. Default Just wondering...

Could this whole java game thing on U600 be a country thing?. Like Singapore's U600 can't install games? Any Sgians that managed to get the games to work on your mobiles out there?

6. Default

I'm from England and I can't get it to work either, so it probably isn't a country problem.

7. Default U600

I've tried this so many times and always get 'invalid file format'
    even downloading from the wap site some of the games don't work, does anyone think it's just the U600 phone?!?

Did get strip poker to work though!....but I don't know how to play poker....lol

8. Default U600 solution to "invalid format" error

Hi,
    I found out that the jad files have a line breakup, (if a line is too long then it is split into two). the installer in U600 does not support this. So u have to remove the line breakup from the jad files (using vi editor or any other).
    Ex: the line --

MIDlet-Permissions-Opt: javax.microedition.io.Connector.http, ja
    vax.microedition.io.Connector.file.write, javax.microe
    dition.io.Connector.file.read

should be:
    MIDlet-Permissions-Opt: javax.microedition.io.Connector.http, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.write, javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.read

9. Default

hi everyone,
    I am from Turkey and using a different model of Samsung. still same problem occurs. actually it is very complicated and difficult to install java games. I am not sure if I can translate it correctly (my English is poor) I found a site that provide convenient jar and jad files for each type of Samsung models. maybe that can help;
    [URL Removed]
    Last edited by Karl; 17-12-2007 at 04:21 PM.

10. Default u600 java problems - help!

Hi,

I've got the .jad and .jar files together in the Other Files folder on the u600, on the phone, not the memory card.

I've put in the code #9998*4678255# and hit the dial number it just says 'Not Done'

What am I doing wrong here?

Any ideas?