Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Omg

1. Default

my antivirus found a threat in system 32

2. Default

That's very bad ..... if your anti virus doesn't sort it, let someone experienced sort it or format your computer. Back up your precious files Now.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by James Log in to see links
    That's very bad ..... if your anti virus doesn't sort it, let someone experienced sort it or format your computer. Back up your precious files Now.
    ok thanks

4. Default

how do i back up?

5. Default

Write your precious files to a CD, DVD, memory stick, floppy disk, memory card, or another computer of laptop.

6. Default

I have looked up several forums and found the following solutions.

Has your Windows Xp stopped booting with a system32 corrupt or missing error?
    What is System32

First of all, you need to understand what "System32 corrupt or missing" actually means.
    System32 is a vital part of your PC. You can look at it as the heart and brain of the Windows operating system without which, your computer would not be working at all. System32 is usually located in the C: drive under C:WindowsSystem32 or C:Winntsystem32 and is usually hidden in order to prevent any accidental alterations by the user.

Fix "System32 Corrupt" Error Yourself

Reboot your PC and press F8 during the booting sequence until you get into the boot menu. Select "Boot Using Last Known Good Configuration". Your PC will now try to startup using a configuration that has worked in the past. If you are still facing the System32 corrupt or missing error, you could try the following but you have to be careful. In case you are not comfortable messing with your system files, skip this part and continue reading the "Quick and Easy Fix" paragraph.

Use the Console to Fix the "System32 Corrupt or Missing" Error

Insert your Windows XP Recovery disk and reboot your PC. If you don't have a recovery disk skip this paragraph. Select the Recovery Console and type the following into the console.
    This will recover your windows system but you need to be extremely careful that you are typing correct commands or everything gets even worse.

md tmp

copy C:windowssystem32configsystem C:windowstmpsystem.bak

delete C:windowssystem32configsystem

copy C:windowsrepairsystem C:windowssystem32configsystem

Quick and Easy Fix

In case you don't feel comfortable messing with your windows system; I suggest using a Windows System Repair tool which will scan your System and list all system errors before attempting to fix it. Besides solving the System32 corrupt or missing error, a system repair tool will ultimately speed up your System as it cleans and reorganizes your registry and deletes unnecessary files.

7. Default

u can also get help Log in to see links

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by koolnsmart Log in to see links
    I have looked up several forums and found the following solutions.

Has your Windows Xp stopped booting with a system32 corrupt or missing error?
    What is System32

First of all, you need to understand what "System32 corrupt or missing" actually means.
    System32 is a vital part of your PC. You can look at it as the heart and brain of the Windows operating system without which, your computer would not be working at all. System32 is usually located in the C: drive under C:WindowsSystem32 or C:Winntsystem32 and is usually hidden in order to prevent any accidental alterations by the user.

Fix "System32 Corrupt" Error Yourself

Reboot your PC and press F8 during the booting sequence until you get into the boot menu. Select "Boot Using Last Known Good Configuration". Your PC will now try to startup using a configuration that has worked in the past. If you are still facing the System32 corrupt or missing error, you could try the following but you have to be careful. In case you are not comfortable messing with your system files, skip this part and continue reading the "Quick and Easy Fix" paragraph.

Use the Console to Fix the "System32 Corrupt or Missing" Error

Insert your Windows XP Recovery disk and reboot your PC. If you don't have a recovery disk skip this paragraph. Select the Recovery Console and type the following into the console.
    This will recover your windows system but you need to be extremely careful that you are typing correct commands or everything gets even worse.

md tmp

copy C:windowssystem32configsystem C:windowstmpsystem.bak

delete C:windowssystem32configsystem

copy C:windowsrepairsystem C:windowssystem32configsystem

Quick and Easy Fix

In case you don't feel comfortable messing with your windows system; I suggest using a Windows System Repair tool which will scan your System and list all system errors before attempting to fix it. Besides solving the System32 corrupt or missing error, a system repair tool will ultimately speed up your System as it cleans and reorganizes your registry and deletes unnecessary files.
    ok i will try that

9. Default

Koolnsmart...

Check what you're posting next time.

10. Default

will windows live one care fix the virus as my anti-virus expired and it cannot remove the virus