View Poll Results: Is NFS: Undercover just another EA throw out?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

57 51.82%
  • No

37 33.64%
  • Never Played

16 14.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Review: Need for Speed - Undercover

Need for Speed: Undercover
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Need for Speed: Undercover
    Developer: EA
    Publisher: EA
    Release Date: 11/08.
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Race tough A.I, tune your car.
    Reviewed on: SE C905

Summary

Chase or Be Chased in Need for Speed Undercover. The cops are back like never before in this action-packed game of pursuit and betrayal.
    Go up against ruthless street racers out to win at any cost. Earn respect and fill your garage with the world's fastest cars. Reach the finish line first in circuit races. Bust up the city in bounty challenges. Show your skills for a shot at top drivers. Choose between Career or Quick Race mode. You're the hunter and the hunted in Need for Speed Undercover.
    Features may vary by handset:
    Dare to enter the world of street racing.
    Win races to fill your garage with tunable cars.
    Challenge your driving abilities in 2 thrilling modes: Career and Quick Race.
    Test your racing skills in 5 exciting race types: Circuit, Sprint, Lap Knockout, Speed Camera and Bounty.
    Race your way through 4 unique areas: Downtown, Industrial District, the Suburbs and the Outskirts.
    Gain hard-earned respect to battle 4 top drivers.

Review

This week Need for Speed: Undercover, probably one of the biggest game to make it to mobile this year but is this just another game thrown out by EA?
    Well maybe, but as you may know by now when it comes to Need for Speed on the mobile, EA almost always seem to pull it off.

So then what do you get with Need for Speed: Undercover?
    Well you get; seven cars, an impressive twenty two courses and eight events that are all unique to each other, so Undercover is off to a good start, but a good start doesnt always mean that youre on to a winner, but saying that it does seem that Undercover has pretty much everything you need for a good if not brilliant racer.
    As I said there are eight different race events within the game, starting with the circuit race, in this event youll find yourself up against three different rivals/cars in which your main goal as is with every circuit to cross the line in first place, but to do so youll need speed, so getting into one of your rivals slipstreams is key, sometimes youll need to slow things down a bit hitting 5 on the straights enters you into some sort of matrix slow-motion thing which allows you to weave in and out of the on-coming traffic which at high speeds is quite a hard thing to do without it.
    There are other ways of gaining speed, the first of them being nitro or nos which needs to be built up before use, once you have some you can use it whenever you like.
    Another way is drifting in the corners, not only does this earn you a bit of speed it also earns you money. Pressing 5 in the corners triggers the car into a drift and also a balance bar in which youll need to keep your car in the green otherwise anything in the red and you spin, losing you time, speed and most probably position.
    Theres no need to worry about acceleration as its all done automatically, so theres no awkward hand positions needed to play the game.
    Speaking of acceleration the sense of speed is brilliant, everything seems to pass you by in a blur, until you crash leaving the road and taking things with you.
    Other modes include Speed Camera mode, Cop Take Out, Boss races and Bounty Mode in which you cause as much damage as you can in one lap, and its a nice break from the normal races against some tough A.I, and of course this being NFS you get your own garage where new cars are available to buy and soup your existing car up be it acceleration, handling, nitro and top speed, body kits are also available, so if you want to turn your shopping trolley into a erm... even better shopping trolley then put one on.

Conclusion

Its this just another EA quickie? Indeed it isnt, Need for Speed: Undercover is a top racer and deserves as much praise as it possibly can get. Not only that its one of the best looking 3D games I think Ive ever played.

Screenshots

Graphics: 9/10
    Great 3D graphics.

Sound:
    8/10
    Suit the game.

Gameplay:
    8.5/10
    Great controls and easy to play.

Story:
    8/10
    You're undercover, but a bit short.

Overall Score: 8.5 out of 10
    silver.gif
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 06-10-2010 at 11:03 AM.

2. Default

Wow....smashing review !!!(and the game is smashing too !!!)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tekina Log in to see links
    Wow....smashing review !!!(and the game is smashing too !!!)
    i agree, brilliant review aaron thanks (y), i loved this game but it was easy to complete .

4. Default

It's a really cool game; nice graphics, lots of tracks etc. Great review Aaron

5. Default

I really liked the game, perfect scoring.

6. Default

It good games..

7. Default

This game can be compared with symbian games...

8. Smile

huhuhu!!!!!!

cool games bro!!!!

9. Default

great review but the game is like all other NFS mobile games :/