Default Nokia 6267 Review

Please post your Nokia 6267 reviews and opinions in this topic.

2. Default

Um, this is my first review so bear with me!

I love this phone. Actually discovering this one was an accident, as I was looking for a Nokia 5310 XpressMusic phone. Then I searched for issues, and found so many. Then I laid my eyes on this phone.

I clicked on the link where the phone's specs were listed, and I double checked with the Nokia site. Just to clarify things, it has an LED flash, it has a secondary CIF camera, (call cam), and it is GPRS/HSCSD/EDGE enabled. Also it has PTT. Or mine has. Whatever. Otherwise the information is correct.

This is a pretty good phone, being mid-range and all in cost. This one only cost me around $180, which is a pretty good deal, considering Nokia 5310 comes in at $200. So where do I start?

Camera: 2MP is pretty good, combined with the LED flash during darker moments. I don't like zooming at all, but it is there. I set quality and resolution to high, as memory isn't a problem. Nice video recording resolution at 640*480.

Music/Audio: I am not sure whether there are other skins for the music player, but the ones that come with it are not very nice for me. I just used the default. Loudspeaker is, yeah, loud, so don't put up volume too much when listening with the loudspeaker, the sound may sound broken. The handsfree that came in the package wasn't very bad, but isn't very good as well (I compare to my iPod and Sony earphones). I had to manually make my own equalizer setting. The headset may just have to be fit in the ear to hear the bass (I put foam). When calling, speaker quality is also okay. When playing some of my music files, on select songs I get a gap in the sound. I don't know why, but in other songs it does not happen, and happens on the same songs. Anyone help?

Display: The display is very nice. All I can say.

Keypad/External Controls: The keypad is good, large, wobbly keys for easy messaging. Response is good (I play Guitar Hero ). Dedicated music keys on the outer shell is useful, volume/zoom keys on the side are useful as well, and the dedicated camera key is a nice addition (although it could be quite awkward to hold the phone sideways).

Hardiness(?): Well I easily scratched the microSD card cover, I think it's soft plastic (and I just trimmed my nails LOL). I take care, so maybe, the screens are not yet that scratched, but I think they are resistant. Inner screen is protected though if it's closed, so less concerns there. I haven't nicked the outer shell too, but I really haven't put it in my pocket.

OS/Software: I'm just a S40 fan. So I love this part. Most Java applications/games run fine, save for a few that would run only if the sound is turned off (outofmemory error). Audio compatibility is always good. Easily customizable with built-in themes (and downloadable ones), changeable wallpaper for both main and mini display, screensavers, ringtones, et cetera.

Other: Mini USB is certainly nice, as it is more standard than others. 2.5mm audio jack, rather, is disappointing, as I want to "improve" some of the audio quality with better headphones, but I guess adapters are there for a reason (not a very visually pleasing reason though).

My only big complaint is the: Battery Life: Sporting a BL-5C battery, this phone has too much features packed in it. When just texting I could go *almost* 1.5-2 days, but when gaming, listening to music, taking pictures and videos, it would only barely last a day. I'm seriously considering a spare battery, as I'm always not at home and can't be bothered to carry a charger with me. Haha.

Overall, I still LOVE this phone and I'm gonna be taking care of it till it breaks down!

Hope this review helps.