View Poll Results: What feature of the game do you like the most?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storyline

7 28.00%
  • Graphics

18 72.00%
  • Mini-games

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thumbs up Review: Tomb Raider: Underworld

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Mobile Game Review

Title: Tomb Raider: Underworld 3D
    Developer: Eidos
    Publisher: Eidos
    Release Date: N/A
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: 3D Environment, Mini-Games
    Reviewed on: SE K550i

Summary

Another awesome 3D game. Control the famous Lara Croft, in her newest quest. Tomb Raider Underground is here, with never before seen gameplay and action. The game, by Eidos was eagerly awaited by thousands of Tomb Raider fans. A worthy addition to the series.

Review

A Lara Croft game has to always meet three conditions, shooting, jumping from ledges, and a good storyline. TR :Underground satisfies all of them. The game is set in different environments, and there are quests to fulfill. The game contains puzzles you have to solve to get through the locked doors. They can also be played as mini-games from the menu. Some of these are amazingly tricky, though not really “tough”. The game is pretty much like the console version, there is every possibility of getting lost.

Though the gameplay is not long, it requires time to defeat the boss monsters. A disappointing fact about the game is the extremely low degree of maneuverability. This is particularly frustrating when you start to fight the Tarantula, which are huge spiders. You cannot turn rapidly, and have to face one side always. You cannot turn around in he tunnels, unless there is a predefined path there. The ammunition, though, is upgradable, the upgrades have to be found. The game also contains gold trophies in every level. A very good thing of the game is that it’s not limited to one genre of play. There are missions where you have to drive Lara’s All Terrain Hybrid (ATH) before the fuel runs out. This really makes the game very enjoyable.

The graphics are very detailed and nice. They manage to get the feel of the Tomb Raider series. Moreover, you can view the game from the first person camera. The in-game music is decent, not very bad but can’t say excellent. Controls are breezy. No getting-used to is required at all. Plus there is no formal tutorial, you learn as you play. Zip gives you the instructions.

Conclusion

The game is extremely entertaining and enjoyable. Guess they could have made it longer, but it’s a mobile game after all. Tomb Raider: Underground definitely raises the stakes and brings a new world of cellphone gaming.

Screenshots

Graphics: 8.5/10
    Sophisticated

Sound: 8/10
    Good Enough

Gameplay:9/10
    The most enjoyable part

Story:6/10
    Typical Tomb Raider

Overall Score: 8.0 out of 10
    silver award.jpg
    Last edited by tekina; 22-11-2008 at 04:28 PM.

2. Default

Now that's a great review!! i've been waiting for it!! great job!!

great game but i got lost on 3rd level
    +rep for review

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tekina Log in to see links
    Zip gives you the instructions.
    What do you mean?

Anyway, great review! +Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jamasama Log in to see links
    What do you mean?

Anyway, great review! +Rep
    Zip is character in game which gives you instructions at start of mission and in your pda when you go to inventory

6. Default

The game's alright I guess... nice review.

Next Review:

TopGear Mobile.

7. Default

Just too bad i can't play the 3d version

Anyway, Nice review..............

"We must never be afraid to go too far, for truth lies beyond."

8. Default

Good review!!!

Very good review!!!!

10. Default

reveiw is exelent