Title: WWE – Smackdown v/s Raw 2009
    Developer: Yuke’s
    Publisher: THQ
    Release Date: Q4/2008
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: 3D Graphics, Unending career mode
    Reviewed on: SE K550i

Summary

One of the most awaited mobile games of the year, Smackdown v/s Raw was finally released in the fourth quarter of 2008. The game features a customizable player, who you have to build right from scratch. There are two brands for you to compete in, Smackdown and Raw, each having different players. The graphics are very good, and the players are a good likeness of their counterparts in real life.

Review

Smackdown v/s Raw series has always been popular with gamers all over the world, be it console or mobile. I am glad to say that this game does not disappoint in that area. The entire game being in 3D, is very well designed. The various rings, entries of superstars etc have been designed extremely well and in great detail. Among the various superstars you compete against are Edge, Undertaker, Kane, CM Punk and a few others.
    The gameplay is pretty much like the console version, you have to either KO an opponent, pin him or use submission to win a match, depending on the rules. There are two game modes, career made and exhibition. In the career mode, you rise up through the game by defeating rivals, winning matches, accepting challenges and such. A good thing about the career mode is that, its pretty interactive. You can make choices to be respectful or disrespectful. Also, beating up a rival is in your hands, which lends a certain flavour to the game. But the very best thing is that it never ends!! Of course, the episodes keep repeating, but still, its pretty entertaining. The character you play in the career mode is the one made by yourself, so everyone can retain their individuality. Definitely a great idea by THQ. Plus, the game has many finishing moves to choose from, as well as the nature of your character (brawler, powerhouse, etc)

Another good thing is that it features most of the moves used by players, and which are present in the console version. That means grapple moves, weapons, finishers, attacks, etc. It also consists of different types of matches, like submission, regular, Hell-in-a-Cell. On winning each match, you get ten points (five if no result) to upgrade the capabilities of your character. The exhibition is pretty much choosing a superstar, his opponent and fight. The AI is pretty tough, and you really have to be on your toes.

Moving on to the controls, this is where the game scores again. Very easy, intuitive controls. You just need some getting used to, which is why there is a tutorial. There is no in-game music as such, however there is a melody at the main menu. The in game sounds are just effects, which though not very good, do give a feel of the fight.

Conclusion

An extremely good game, which is going to stay on my phone for a long time.

Screenshots

Graphics: 7/10
    Pretty Good

Sound: 5.5/10
    Not really Special

Gameplay:8.5/10
    Very Enjoyable

Overall Score: 8.5 out of 10

Great review!!!Well done!

looks good but i'll wait for real 176x220 version to come out so it could work smoothly

4. Default

great review!! could you please explain how did you do the overall score?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by the_dead_man Log in to see links
    great review!! could you please explain how did you do the overall score?
    i liked it about that much
    didn't really calculate the average.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tekina Log in to see links
    i liked it about that much
    didn't really calculate the average.
    ah i understand now...but well done!!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by the_dead_man Log in to see links
    ah i understand now...but well done!!
    thanks

Great review............

9. Default

Nice review, not really my type of game mind you.

10. Default

no one on one combat games?