Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Far too many to remember. Sorry about forgetting all of you. Just not much memory left in my 14 year old head

- Well, i suppose (only a suggestion) - Although i know it'll limit the freedom of users - That the only way to avoid this stuff, is to do as done on another forum i'm on.

And now, listen before flaming:
    What they've done is that they've set a minimum requirement of 10 posts, to download from them. Also they have a zero tolerance politic against spam. So, almost every user who come there and download, stays there. Of course, it's also hard to get into the website, making them even more want to stay. But even before invites were taken in use, it helped a lot.

No clue if that is what you guys aim for, or if you want to keep the extreme freedom around here. It's not that i hate Mb24 - I love it. Helped me get through a lot of boring lessons *cough*. But, some day the spam will flood, if you don't try to prevent it.

2. Default

You cant make people participate in a site if they do not want to, most of this sites users just come to download games/themes/wallpapers, most do not participate in the forums, and we cant make them, has for the post count before being allowed to download, this in its self could cause spam, and the mods and admin on this site try their best to keep the forums clean and easy to use, sometimes things are not noticed straight away but they are eventually and then dealt with, in the case of spam, the user can and often is given a permanent ban.

3. Default

I realize that, Amaway.

Not blaming any mods or admins here - I know you're doing as good as possible to keep up.

- Also, i guess you're right - No one's gonna listen to this c*** if they anyways just come to DL & leave.

I just think people nowadays think too much about themselves.
    I remember when i got here. Everyone was contributing, really.

Things change quickly, 'aeh?

4. Default

To be honest I haven't seen much of a change.

And I've been here for almost 2 years now.

Why not make a request that's worth reading?
    For example - My latest game request was actually easy to go through.
    I simply made up a template for myself:

Screen size:
    Symbian:
    Genre:
    Earlier games I liked:
    Games not wanted:
    Other notes:
    People just don't have the time to write all of that information.

Plus I know that I wouldn't want to write all that.
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 05-11-2008 at 04:22 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVW Log in to see links
    To be honest I haven't seen much of a change.

And I've been here for almost 2 years now.
    Welll, Aaron, as the others said, not all want to help the community like some members do ( i won't mention them 'cause they are over 30-40 that constantly help).

I first arrive here a year ago when I searched for something ( I don't remember what) that I wanted very much. I discovered here an organised community and a few months ago I decided to join it. And I liked what I met here.

To bad that not all want to help when we want and some of them just come here,download what he needs and then leave behind.Or they return just to download more without sharing anything or even worst, without saying a simple "thank you".

Maybe this will be changed.Who knows?

6. Default

It's always been like that...

When I had my 128x160 thread going it was the same. Sure I got a few thanks here and there but that was it, in over 90,000 views I got about 30 thanks.

That's why I haven't seen the change.

7. Default

You make me feel well guilty now I'm relatively new active member 2 this site i registered quite a few months b4 and did only use here to get games to download. Its only been past 2/3 weeks that i really took any notice of the forums and what a bunch of great/funny/helpful and generous guys actually help 2 make this site what it is.

8. Default

its true that not many visit the forums...but nothing can be done about that...as its their choice...

9. Default

yeah, also asking for a minimum amount of posts will invite a huge amount of spam.

10. Default

But that's where the zero tolerance come in handy. Spam equals an instant ban.

That way we'll have (likely) some more serious users .