View Poll Results: Has Gameloft lost all it imagination?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 71.43%
  • No

10 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Review: Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party

Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
    Developer: Gameloft
    Publisher: Gameloft
    Release Date: 10/08
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Take a picture to customize your game background or boxing opponent.
    Reviewed on: SE K800i

Summary

Right then back to me, this week Rayman Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party, Ive never played the first one so I have no idea what the game is about or who the Rabbids are, the only but being that this a Rayman game and I love Rayman games I thought that it would be a good idea to give it a go.
    So then, the Rabbids, what are they? Well to me they look like inbred rabbits, Im going to tell it like it is, but what they lack in looks they make up for in character, no matter where you are in the game; be it on the menu screen or in the game itself they just add something... manic and fun to the game, which without the Rabbids there wouldnt be, what Im trying to say is, the mini-games arent great, sure youll have a little fun playing them, but theyve all been done before and better, they just lack imagination, yes there maybe 12 of these mini-games but none of them are exciting enough to make you want to play them over and over.
    The mini-games arent really there just for entertainment, not that they really do that, theyre there to help you unlock the other mini-games in the game, I say help because if you want to unlock the other mini-games you have to buy them, no I dont mean buy them, buy them, you have to buy them with golden carrots, which in the mini-games its your job to collect as many as you can, not only do you unlock other mini-games with them you also unlock other Rabbids to play with, Trust me youll want to collect as many carrots as you can because the game doesnt start off in the most exciting of way, well the game never get exciting but you know what I mean, you start off with only one mini-game where you have to save/capture the falling Rabbids with pink bubbles before they fall off the screen, exciting stuff.
    Im not going to go through every mini-game because theres 12 of them and thats just too much to explain, so Ill be fair and talk you through how to play the one or two mini-games, the first mini-game which you play; the controls are simple enough to use, when your Rabbid moves from side to side press 5 to make your Rabbid fire the pink bubbles when in target with the falling Rabbid and thats about it, it really is that simple, so theres no need for strategy because you just dont need one, just keep pressing 5 to keep shooting those pink bubbles, youll end up catching everything that falls down, the controls are mostly the same in every mini-game, so you can use the same tactic in every mini-game, the mini-games can be unlocked in any order, so its up to you which you unlock after each mini game.
    One other mini game that I slightly enjoyed was a 2D platformer, which seemed a bit like the original Prince of Persia, obviously not anywhere near as good, its only one level buy the way, the mini game sees you telling your Rabbid what to do... again, as he runs through the level your job is to tell he, she, it when to jump, the only real problem with this mini-game is that its far too easy.
    The game wouldnt be so bad if it just had a little bit of imagination, if it wasnt so, so repetitive and if the only button in the game wasnt 5.
    I dont know, maybe games like theses just arent made for mobile, ok maybe theres a few good mini-game based games out there, but none that have really made an impact in the mobile gaming world.

Conclusion

The game could have been great it has a fantastic formula to be one, but as weve seen time and time again Gameloft have failed to put any imagination into a game and have just taken ideas from other games and for this theyve made a lacklustre game with lacklustre ideas.

Screenshots

Graphics: 6/10
    The best thing about the game.

Sound:
    5.5/10
    Alright I guess.

Gameplay:
    3/10
    Boring and repetative, far too easy.

Story:
    4/10
    Not really much of a story.

Overall Score: 5.5 out of 10

Another excellent review even if the game is not good!

Great review

4. Default

Fantastic review - Awful game!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ittash Log in to see links
    Fantastic review - Awful game!!!!
    Indeed!

6. Default

cccooooollllll

7. Default

Great review Aaron! Stupid and boring the game.I think the released the game just to have something to release.

8. Default

That's Gameloft for you.

9. Default

Great review, straight to the point and very honest. I like that.

10. Default

Great review Aaron, I always liked the Rayman games ... but this one just was too easy.