Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tutorial: How To Translate Games

What we need in order to translate:

-WinRAR
    -Notepad
    -MobiTrans(you can download it here:Log in to see links)

First of all,the java games always are with the extension .jar
    Using WinRAR we extract the jar file into a folder and now we can see all of the .class files and the other game files.
    Now,there are many ways game companies save the language files and the most common ways are:they create a "lang" file that contains all the language files,or they save them as .txt

Step 1

1st case(Lang folder that contains archive files)
    We find the lang file and we open it.
    Inside we can see some archives with names like:"0","a","b" etc.
    Using the notepad we open the first one the file "0".
    We will see some languages such as "English","Espanol" etc.
    We change the name(for example "Espanol").

If English is in 3rd line,that means that the English language file is the file "c" in the lang folder.So we find it and open it.Then we just have to translate all the words that are inside this file.That's an example(we try to translate english to spanish):

2.jpg

2nd case(Lang folder that contains lang files)
    In that case,inside the lang folder we can see some lang files.For example,the english language file is the file gb.lang

Χωρίς τίτλο2.jpg

Then we right-click the lang file we want to translate and we clic at "View File".We just have to translate all the words that are in this file the same way as in 1st case.

Step 2

We open Mobitrans and then we open the lang file we want to translate:

Χωρίς τίτλο3.jpg

Then we get this:

Χωρίς τίτλο4.jpg

We just click to each of the line and translate it to the language we want:

Χωρίς τίτλο5.jpg

We repeat this for all lines until they are all translated.
    After that we click at the save button and then ok(we don't care about the other options that there are).
    Then we return to the directory where we had decompressed the jar file and we can see that many files are created.
    From there we change the name (for exampleof the class "e.class" to "e.class.bac" and the file that MobiTrans named "e.class.ru" we rename it to "e. class "and do the same process with any other file type that we have
    translated with the program.

Step 3

We open the original application and we go to the directory where the original lang file is and we gar and drop the file we just translated.we click at ok or if the WinRAR asks you to replace the file just say yes and then we do the same process for each of the files that we have translated.
    Once we are done,we are ready to install the game to a mobile phone and play!!!

Enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by Chris; 30-10-2008 at 04:33 PM.

2. Default

Nice. i was waiting for this.
    rep+

3. Default

thanks Chris I know it and can do it right on my phone (use MiniCommander, ClassTranslator, ClassEditor, MobyExplorer, OperaMini and PaintCAD for graphic mods). But with that tutorial as u say we can't translate for example more Gameloft's games, cos the text of the game is in .class files, and more hard when the text in .classes has limit of characters!!!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by margaryan Log in to see links
    thanks Chris I know it and can do it right on my phone (use MiniCommander, ClassTranslator, ClassEditor, MobyExplorer, OperaMini and PaintCAD for graphic mods). But with that tutorial as u say we can't translate for example more Gameloft's games, cos the text of the game is in .class files, and more hard when the text in .classes has limit of characters!!!
    MobiTrans has a special "treatment" for gameloft games:

Χωρίς τίτλο.jpg

I think that we should be able to translate gameloft games!I'll try it tomorrow!
    Last edited by Chris; 31-10-2008 at 12:25 PM.

5. Default

just try to change the names in RFM09... with my classeditor I can't do that... for example- KAHN to KKAAHHNN

Quote Originally Posted by margaryan Log in to see links
    just try to change the names in RFM09... with my classeditor I can't do that... for example- KAHN to KKAAHHNN
    Good idea!I'll try it tomorrow!

7. Default

Thanks 4 help me

8. Default

wow cool. unfortunately i cant translate anything as my pc is too old =.=
    (pentium III and 1.2 ghz)
    Could you guys have a forum topic where u post all translated games?
    So far there is only 1 translated game by you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by gamechecker Log in to see links
    wow cool. unfortunately i cant translate anything as my pc is too old =.=
    (pentium III and 1.2 ghz)
    Could you guys have a forum topic where u post all translated games?
    So far there is only 1 translated game by you guys?
    There is no translating project yet!It's something we will consider for the future,though!

10. Default

Don't have to consider it ... The project can begin already XD