Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saints Row 2

16 32.00%
  • Gangstar

34 68.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Cool. I knew it was to hyped up to be that good. I cant wait for next review.

2. Default

Ehs... wat is the next review about?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gooblaster Log in to see links
    Ehs... wat is the next review about?
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronVW Log in to see links
    Next Review:

SimCity Metropolis

4. Default

Oops...
    i guess i didnt see that xD
    Thanx!

5. Default

ummm how do I say this...... THIS GAME SUCKED!!!

6. Default

Great review Aaron!But i dont really liked this game

7. Default

oh, i didn't notice that..

8. Default

Saints Row 2
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Saints Row 2
    Developer: G5 Mobile
    Publisher: THQ
    Release Date: 10/08
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Free roam
    Reviewed on: SE K800i

Summary

The saga of the Third Street Saints continues with the highly anticipated multi-platform release of Saints Row 2! This also marks the return of the franchise to mobile, in an exciting open-world action game with multiple diverse missions, activities and mini-games seamlessly integrated into the game-play.

Review

This week Saints Row 2, you know what? I feel really dirty reviewing this; it feels as if Im having an affair, being that Saints Row is GTAs main rival, and well Im a huge Rockstar fan, but seeming as there is not GTA mobile, I guess its alright to review this without feeling somewhat guilty. When I first played Saints Row on the mobile I wasnt impressed; poor graphics, poor gameplay, the game really didnt do itself any favours, but that was over two years ago now, times have changed, graphics have improved and most of all theyve hopefully learnt from their mistakes.

If youve played the not so GTA Saints Row youd know that its a top-down view or in simpler terms the game was fixed in a birds-eye view, now with Saints Row 2 youll find that its still a top-down game, but more I guess you could say angled, yes I know I may seem boring mentioning the games camera angle but bare with me, there is a reason as to why Im mentioning it, it makes you feel much more involved and makes the action seem more enjoyable to watch, not only that it just makes the game easier to play and nicer to look at, sometimes its nice just to watch the car and people pass by and you cant really say that about many other mobile games. Dont worry there is more to Saints Row 2 than just watching the game pass you by, theres more than enough to, like taking people out, planting bombs, robbing stores, or committing all sorts of other crimes, basically you can do what you want. Most of the tasks are simple enough, the only real challenge being not getting yourself killed, be it by a rival gang member, the police or even one of your own, pretty much anyone and everyone is out to get you, your main goal is to reclaim the city for the Saints, although staying alive really isnt all the easy.
    With most mobile game the controls are simple enough; shooting and stabbing is merely 5 to shoot or stab and '#' to target, so its easy enough to become a one-man army or as its more commonly known as doing a Rambo and take on anyone you want, but I wouldnt suggest doing that, unless you get bored, which does happen a few times throughout the game.
    Now when it comes to driving... thats when it all starts to go downhill in the controls department, its not easy, basically, driving equals a lot of dead people and dead people equals police. There are two control methods to choose from in Saints Row 2, but really whichever of the two you choose doesnt matter theyre both equally as complicated as each other, the first choice imitates a real steering wheel while the other really isnt important enough to mention because its just going to end in the same result, bodies and police.
    So really then Saints Row 2 really isnt that different from Saints Row, gameplay wise that is, visually its far superior to its predecessor, but again gameplay lets the game down, THQ clearly havent learnt from their own mistakes and have come up with an average game which makes the likes of Gangstar look a different class, now Im not one for a Gameloft game, but at least they know how to put graphics and gameplay together in a GTA wannabe.

Conclusion

So then Saints Row 2 wants to be the GTA for mobile... dont make me laugh, its just another wannabe which weve seen the like of before and done better, sure its full of tasks, but as a mobile game it just doesnt work, bring on Gangstar 2 I say.

Screenshots

Graphics: 6/10
    The best thing about the game.

Sound:
    5/10
    Nothing special

Gameplay:
    4/10
    Good amount of task, Hard controls

Story:
    5/10
    Nothing special

Overall Score: 5 out of 10
    hes always the best with reviews, i find saints row 2 very very hard tho it is a big update from saints row 1. gangstar 2 is much better for me