Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help in making animated themes

Is anybody here who can help me out in making animated themes for nokia n sonyericsson phones coz i have no idea how to make them n what r the applications requirement for it!And if i make theme using animated wallpaper will it work fine??
    Last edited by battuji; 22-10-2008 at 10:07 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by battuji Log in to see links
    Is anybody here who can help me out in making animated themes for nokia n sonyericsson phones coz i have no idea how to make them n what r the applications requirement for it!And if i make theme using animated wallpaper will it work fine??
    For Sony Ericsson themes use a .gif image that is animated as the standby wallpaper, thats all there is to it, however if you want to make flash themes that is different, you need to use .swf files, you can make them using Adobe Flash ect, Nokia themes are somewhat different, not all .gif images work as some nokia's require 3rd part software installed to allow animated themes, Flash themes are the same has SE, you require .swf files and phones must be Flash-Lite supported, I am in the progress of posting a full list of Flash-lite enabled phones, hopefully will have it up soon.

Thanks amaway But it will be more helpful if u suggest me any software or app. etc. to make .swf n .gif files..Plz. suggest 2-3 of them which r easily available.

Thanks amaway But it will be more helpful if u suggest me any software or app. etc. to make .swf n .gif files..Plz. suggest 2-3 of them which r easily available.
    n what is the difference between flash n animated themes??
    Last edited by amaway; 22-10-2008 at 02:41 PM.

4. Default

.swf files if used as wallpapers for the themes, cannot be uploaded in the themes section...

Thank u dead man but i want to make still wallpapers into animated n then into animated themes.Any help regarding this will be appreciated!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by the_dead_man Log in to see links
    .swf files if used as wallpapers for the themes, cannot be uploaded in the themes section...
    .swf files can be uploaded into the Free Gallery, i have uploaded a few that i have made myself, i upload in the C902 section There are other Phone models available also,and more appearing all the time, has long as they are flash-lite capable, admin are making the necessary changes.

7. Default

Thank u dead man but i want to make still wallpapers into animated n then into animated themes.Any help regarding this will be appreciated!
    You will need to purchase Software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Flash, there is nothing that is free to make these that i am aware off. And this software is not cheap either.

.gif is just an image
    .swf is a flash movie

Flash is primarily vector-based and using code to store the animation, so it can result in a much smaller file, as well as being able to use bitmap images and other media, without storing it explicitly as pixels.
    Flash movies are programmable and interactive; you can set durations, looping, user-based events, time-based events that respond in a number of ways.

GIF images are just images, but they are animated. They are also limited to 256 colors and, aside from the limited colors, full quality/lossless, so they are usually quite large.

Thanks amaway,this knowledge is enough for a management pass out person And i have Adobe photoshop but don't know how to use it in making those wallpapers!

I'm by no means an expert in Photoshop animation, but it's quite simple. Provided of course you have all the frames you want to animate.

If you don't then you'll need to make them first.

After that, click Window - Animation and play around with the frames available to you.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by amaway Log in to see links
    admin are making the necessary changes.
    that sounds real good...