Exclamation Get Out Of Your Contract Early

quite complex but it does work

Leave your O2etc contract early due to T&C change charging for 0870/0845/0844 number

O2
    I am on a O2 direct retention deal formerly from a retail deal O2 500/100 and called O2 just now and they confirmed the following:

All new retail (normal resellers like mobileshop, etc) and online (via O2 direct via phone or online) contracts right now no longer have 08XX calls taken from inclusive minutes.

From 1st August at the latest (she originally said 1st July, best to assume July) all current contract customers will no longer have 08XX numbers free (except O2 CS calls) and 0870/0844/0845 will be charged with letters going out giving the 30days notice, excuse was it was never really free but on some kind of promotion.

ORANGE
    Confirmation of this is here:

From 8th June all 07744/55 calls will be charged, if this was done within your contractual period, afaik you are no longer tied to the contract due to the change....

T-Mobile
    T-Mobile have followed suite after O2 and Orange on this
    Confirmation:

From 1st June all 07744/55 calls will be charged, if this was done within your contractual period, afaik you are no longer tied to the contract due to the change....

Letter template for O2

Complaints Review Service
    PO BOX 116
    Leeds
    L011 5DS

YOUR ADDRESS

1. (Name)
    2. (Address)
    (Postcode)
    3. (DOB)
    4. (o2 Phone Number)
    5. (o2 username)

Dear Sir or Madam:

You have changed your policy regarding calling 07744 & 07755 numbers, these are no longer included in my X-Network minutes. I am now being charged 25p per minute, from the 1st July.

In terms 8.4c of the contract with me, you HAVE to give me 30 days WRITTEN notice. I have received nothing, and now I am being charged. This means you have broken your terms of contract and I am eligible to cancel, penalty free.

8.4 You may end this Agreement by giving us written notice if:
    (a) We break this Agreement in any way and we do not correct the situation within 7 days of your request;
    (b) We go into liquidation or a Receiver is appointed over our assets; or
    (c) We increase Charges for your Inclusive Calls or your monthly line rental charge or change this Agreement to your significant disadvantage, provided you give us a minimum of 30 days written notice (and provided you notify us within one month of our telling you about the changes). This does not apply where the increase or change relates solely to Additional Services in which case you may cancel.

The above was taken directly from my terms of contract, section 8.4c.

Please contact me through the post to confirm that my contract is cancelled.

Yours faithfully,

Your name

Thanks for the info Allan

3. Default

I'm not sure what all that stuff is (may not be something available in the US), but I've heard that if you have a "free roaming calls" plan and you make a lot of roaming calls they will kick you to the curb, because they still have to pay the roaming charges to the networks whose towers you're using!