Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow [FAQ] How to change the Screen Resolution of Java Games

1. Open the .jar file using Log in to see links
    2. Open the META-INF folder and drag the MANIFEST.MF file to your desktop.
    3. Open MANIFEST.MF in Notepad and type at the end:

Nokia-MIDlet-Original-Display-Size: 176 ,208
      Nokia-MIDlet-Target-Display-Size: 352 ,416

4. Save the MANIFEST.MF file and drag the file back into WinRAR and press OK.
    5. Close WinRAR and you should have now successfully changed the resolution of the desired game.

Please Note:
    • The Original Display Size is the actual resolution of the game.
    • The Target Display Size is the resolution you want the game to be displayed at on your phone, for example 352 ,416 is the resolution of the Nokia N80. Please be aware that the resolution of a game can be resized larger but not smaller.

This tutorial may not work with certain games and phones.

If you have any questions regarding this tutorial, please post below.
    Last edited by Karl; 18-05-2008 at 04:02 AM.

2. Default krzr K1?

What do i put into the notepad it i have Krzr K1 and not a nokia?
    please help
    Last edited by Karl; 03-08-2007 at 10:13 PM.

3. Default

Well i did every u said up to point number 4, and thats all i could do now stuck!! lol!! Well i save the notepad file and went to drag it to winrar and i couldnt. am i doing something wrong?? do i drag the file to winrar thats located on the desktop or at the start menu?? where?? coz thats where i have the problem. um when i save the file i save as right? thanks in advance!

4. Default

Hi there,

thanks for the tips Karl.

Thing is.. I tried the exact settings from the tutorial (since I have an N80i) for the game

Real Football 2007 3D (240x320)-14688

but now the game screen is too huge for my phone screen.

and after i toned the 352 ,416 to 240,320, the resolution is better but still blows out of my phone screen (plus there is a border around it now)

I realli like this game and would like to play it in the proper screen size. Can you help? THanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Zena22 Log in to see links
    do i drag the file to winrar thats located on the desktop or at the start menu?? where?? coz thats where i have the problem. um when i save the file i save as right? thanks in advance!

@nam3le5s - Unfortunately, I don't have the N80i so I'm unable to test it. The only thing I can suggest is to play around with different sizes, maybe try changing the original display size (try 320, 240 instead of 240 ,320)
    Last edited by Karl; 17-06-2009 at 04:28 AM.

6. Default

omg it worked, thankyou soo much!! i know how to do it now. but now theres another problem lol. what screen size should i put for the nokia n73?? I tried (320, 240) it was still smaller than the screen, then i tried (240, 320) and it was too big for the screen. What the right number for my phone??

7. Red face help me i want this game please

hi! my friends i want the mobile game CATZ i download it in my mobile but is too small for it because mi screen resolution is 170 128 i have the sony ericsson w710i PLEASE HELP ME THANKs a lot

8. Default

Then how about Sony Ericsson phone i.e. K800?

On most Sony Ericsson phones there is an option to change the screen size. All you need to do is highlight the game >> More >> Screen Size

If you haven't got the screen size option on your Sony Ericsson phone, then unfortunately there is no current way to change the resolution.

10. Default Thanks!

Thanks Karl!