View Poll Results: Better than the other Fast and The Furious™ games?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 48.39%
  • No

5 16.13%
  • Never Played

11 35.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Review: The Fast and The Furious™ Streets

The Fast and The Furious™ Streets
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Developer: I-Play
    Publisher: I-Play
    Release Date: 09/08
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features:
    Reviewed on: SE K800i

Summary

Do you have the guts to put your ride on the line? In The Fast and The Furious™ Streets "it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile," to score street cred and your opponent's car. Fill up your garage with some choice wheels if you win, but be prepared to take the bus home if you lose. Now test your street-racing talents on mobile in 4 different types of races: drift racing, drag racing, point 2 point and police chase.

Review

The week ladies and gentlemen The Fast and The Furious™ Streets, not the most exciting name for a game, but you never know, it could be great. Now I’m not a fan of The Fast and The Furious™ series, being that well... They’re just too cheesy for my liking, I’m not a fan of the games either, but seeming that I’ve quite a few requests for this game to be reviewed and there really aren’t that many new games out this month, I thought, why not?

So this is the fifth game in the series, from playing the last few games in the series I really can’t see how it’s the biggest selling Franchise to date to come to mobile, I really can’t and you know what really disturbs me? Over 13 million people have downloaded these games... why?
    Anyway enough about how much I hate the previous games, this is a new one and I could be better, could be... I don’t hold much hope mind you.
    We all know that Iplay make good if not great games, not including the previous The Fast and The Furious™, but where as other developers push out sequels to games every couple of months *cough* EA *cough* and ruin a game, it seems that Iplay have taken their time on this one, and have come up with a fast, smooth driving game with thankfully a lot improvements.
    If you’ve played the previous The Fast and The Furious™ or even seen the films you’ll know that it’s all about underground street racing, the same goes for this one, there are four different race types or challenges drift race, road race, drag race and cop chase, all of which have different controls, but only slightly different, and of course you’ll need to use different tactics to succeed in each event.
    Arcade mode, nothing special here really, basically there are two aims to Arcade mode, win all the races and win all the cars, hardly exciting, but there you go. Each race (except cop chase) you must put your car on line or what is more commonly known as Pink Slipping, basically win the race win the opponents’ car, lose the race lose your car, but saying that you can always restart the race if you know you’re going to lose. In all there are 16 events and 32 cars, which means you have to complete some of the events twice to win all the cars, I really don’t see why they did that... Why not have 32 events?
    Each car has its own stats, the car will either be better at drifting or at drag races etc... So choosing which car is best suited for a event isn’t always easy.
    The road race and cop chase are similar to your average driving game and is a standard race to the finish after a few tight corners and tunnels. The cars auto accelerate and there is a brake/reverse with 8 for when you hit a wall head-on and can't turn around because of the auto accelerate. Some of the cars even have nitro that can be activated with the 5 button.
    The drift and drag race are far slower paced than the other events. Drift follows the same concept as the other events win the races win the cars, as I said the races are much slower than the others, but drifting is all about control not speed. The drag races are all about perfect timing, changing the gears at the right time is key, the races last no more than 30 seconds and there no steering involved just gear changing, not really that fun.
    Graphically the game isn’t brilliant but they’ll do, but I have to warn you some Nokia phones don’t have a 3D chip and that will show, be it a very laggy game or just poor graphics, but it should play very well on the better Sony Ericsson handsets.

Conclusion

So is this game better than the others? Well... Yes, but I’m still not a fan, sure you can have a couple of hours of fun with this, bit a couple of hour is it, after completing the game there’s nothing there that makes you want to go back and do it again, the graphics are alright, so is the sound, gameplay could be better with the controls, and the story, if you can call it that... just gets boring after a while.

Screenshots

Graphics: 7/10
    Not bad.

Sound:
    6/10
    Could be better.

Gameplay:
    6.5/10
    Needs work.

Story:
    4/10
    Gets boring after a while.

Overall Score: 6 out of 10

2. Default

Nice review!i played this and liked it.I think the story could earn a 3 because,in my oppinion, there is no story,you must do what you do in every racing game:win the races.but this doesn't matter.You've done a great job like allways!
    Last edited by Shadow; 28-09-2008 at 12:48 PM.

this game sux..
    but not the review cause it rox

4. Default

this game doesnt sux...
    i like it!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVW Log in to see links
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Developer: I-Play
    Publisher: I-Play
    Release Date: 09/08
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features:
    Reviewed on: SE K800i

Summary

Do you have the guts to put your ride on the line? In The Fast and The Furious™ Streets "it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile," to score street cred and your opponent's car. Fill up your garage with some choice wheels if you win, but be prepared to take the bus home if you lose. Now test your street-racing talents on mobile in 4 different types of races: drift racing, drag racing, point 2 point and police chase.

Review

The week ladies and gentlemen The Fast and The Furious™ Streets, not the most exciting name for a game, but you never know, it could be great. Now I’m not a fan of The Fast and The Furious™ series, being that well... They’re just too cheesy for my liking, I’m not a fan of the games either, but seeming that I’ve quite a few requests for this game to be reviewed and there really aren’t that many new games out this month, I thought, why not?

So this is the fifth game in the series, from playing the last few games in the series I really can’t see how it’s the biggest selling Franchise to date to come to mobile, I really can’t and you know what really disturbs me? Over 13 million people have downloaded these games... why?
    Anyway enough about how much I hate the previous games, this is a new one and I could be better, could be... I don’t hold much hope mind you.
    We all know that Iplay make good if not great games, not including the previous The Fast and The Furious™, but where as other developers push out sequels to games every couple of months *cough* EA *cough* and ruin a game, it seems that Iplay have taken their time on this one, and have come up with a fast, smooth driving game with thankfully a lot improvements.
    If you’ve played the previous The Fast and The Furious™ or even seen the films you’ll know that it’s all about underground street racing, the same goes for this one, there are four different race types or challenges drift race, road race, drag race and cop chase, all of which have different controls, but only slightly different, and of course you’ll need to use different tactics to succeed in each event.
    Arcade mode, nothing special here really, basically there are two aims to Arcade mode, win all the races and win all the cars, hardly exciting, but there you go. Each race (except cop chase) you must put your car on line or what is more commonly known as Pink Slipping, basically win the race win the opponents’ car, lose the race lose your car, but saying that you can always restart the race if you know you’re going to lose. In all there are 16 events and 32 cars, which means you have to complete some of the events twice to win all the cars, I really don’t see why they did that... Why not have 32 events?
    Each car has its own stats, the car will either be better at drifting or at drag races etc... So choosing which car is best suited for a event isn’t always easy.
    The road race and cop chase are similar to your average driving game and is a standard race to the finish after a few tight corners and tunnels. The cars auto accelerate and there is a brake/reverse with 8 for when you hit a wall head-on and can't turn around because of the auto accelerate. Some of the cars even have nitro that can be activated with the 5 button.
    The drift and drag race are far slower paced than the other events. Drift follows the same concept as the other events win the races win the cars, as I said the races are much slower than the others, but drifting is all about control not speed. The drag races are all about perfect timing, changing the gears at the right time is key, the races last no more than 30 seconds and there no steering involved just gear changing, not really that fun.
    Graphically the game isn’t brilliant but they’ll do, but I have to warn you some Nokia phones don’t have a 3D chip and that will show, be it a very laggy game or just poor graphics, but it should play very well on the better Sony Ericsson handsets.

Conclusion

So is this game better than the others? Well... Yes, but I’m still not a fan, sure you can have a couple of hours of fun with this, bit a couple of hour is it, after completing the game there’s nothing there that makes you want to go back and do it again, the graphics are alright, so is the sound, gameplay could be better with the controls, and the story, if you can call it that... just gets boring after a while.

Screenshots

Graphics: 7/10
    Not bad.

Sound:
    6/10
    Could be better.

Gameplay:
    6.5/10
    Needs work.

Story:
    4/10
    Gets boring after a while.

Overall Score: 6 out of 10
    i don't get you give to good games bad grade and to bad good

6. Default

And...

It's called an opinion

and follow the rules or don't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVW Log in to see links
    And...

It's called an opinion

and follow the rules or don't comment.
    i followed rules but ok review was good but it could have been better

8. Default

Still not following the rules

3. Only talk about the game that has been reviewed.

not about how I review or the review it's self, and if you want to comment on how I review, please take up some of your spare time and write a review yourself.

I ask that you never comment in the game review section again

9. Default

well this game is not that good but as aaron says it really does get boring after a while!

10. Default

I think this game is pretty good, it has decent graphics but it's really slow and laggy on my 6233.