1. Default Games with LG Venus

Alright, so two days ago i bought myself the Telus LG Venus(8800). I managed to find a way to upload Ringtones/Images using Bitpim and have them work, but now I'm having some issues, After 12 hours of searching the net for how to do it (yeah, 12 hours) i have not found a way to upload GAMES to my LG Venus. If anyone could help me out it would be much apreciated.

Also, i read that the LG Venus is set for Java games, so i have .jar files of the games i want to add (as well as JAD maker to make .JAD files of it if necessary)

2. Default

After getting severely ****** at my phone/bitpim for not letting me get games on this phone, i decided to phone up telus and ask them about it

I asked how I would put a homebrew game on my phone from a free game site and didnt tell them about bitpim, and they said that I couldnt do it because I need to buy the game from their site.

I then told them about bitpim and how I have the ability to add things directly into the phone memory, and they said that they couldnt help me, and that I should contact LG themselves, to which they gave me their number.

I phoned LG, and they said that "because Telus is the ones that program the phones, they couldnt help me" this was prior to me telling them about Bitpim, so after the girl stopped rambling on about how telus blocks that, like they block Ringtones that arent downloaded from them, i told her i had found a method of adding custom ringtones and stuff from my computer and not paying for them. She congratulated me on the find (and i congratulate the creators of Bitpim, because they deserve all the credit) and I asked where the Java (.Jar) Files would be stored on their phones. She put me on hold for about 10 minutes while she went and asked somebody where games were stored on their Phones. When she returned she gave me this information:

LG Phones save their games to the Graphics Folder

That means that if you can find the Graphics folder, then you can put games onto your cell phone.

I am currently searching for the Graphics folder, and will update this page if i find anything

3. Default

I know this is an old thread but any updates. I 2 just bought my daughter a venus from telus and am getting frustrated at having to pay for everything. Any help anyone ?

4. Default

old thread indeed, i actually COMPLETELY forgot about this, and hacking my cellphone until just recently. I have come up with some progress however though. and you can verify this with your own phone if you like.

Games are not actually stored in the "graphics" folder, there is no "graphics folder"

On the LG Venus games are stored in:

/brew/ams/##

## being a two digit number, starting at 11 and working its way up.

The way you can tell what program is what is by the icon(for instance, the game saved in folder "11" would have a .png file named "11_icon.png")

Save this picture to your computer and take a look at it, then go to the games folder on your phone and look at that little icon beside each game to see which is which (so if you had Tetris Mania, the little picture is a purple T,you would see it on your desktop as well as on your phone beside the name of the game)

this tells you that "Tetris Mania" is saved in /brew/ams/11

and everything in that folder is associated with that game.

I have yet to find someone who has a phone that i can actually test **** out with...so until i can do that unfortunatly, this is at a stall...