Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up New: Upload Sony Ericsson Flash Themes!

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that our public downloads gallery now supports Sony Ericsson flash themes.

You can now upload flash enabled themes to the following categories:

• Sony Ericsson K630 / V640
    • Sony Ericsson W980 / C702 / C902
    • Sony Ericsson Z750 / K850 / W910 / K660 / W760 / W890 / Z770

In order to upload such themes, you must provide a screenshot of the "Standby" flash file (.swf) contained within the theme. This screenshot must correspond to the dimensions of your theme and must only contain 1 full frame of the flash content. The screenshot will then be integrated into the automated preview process, for use as a thumbnail.

Once in the validation queue, we will match the screenshot up to the actual flash content. Therefore, please do not upload mismatching, bad quality or unrelated screenshots.

Although we realise this method may not suit everybody, unfortunately we haven't yet been able to fully automate the preview process in the same way we do with standard themes. This is because the flash format cannot be interpreted in the same way images can.

Please note: The flash content used on the standby screen, within the theme, will be made available on the download page, allowing users to see the actual swf file. This particular feature will be implemented in the next few days.

As always, if anyone experiences any problems or wishes to offer some feedback, feel free to respond below.

Last edited by Mark; 17-12-2008 at 01:38 AM.

Question

What about s40v3 flash themes?

Thanks Mark!!

One problem though.... Don't know how to make them.

4. Default

Thanks Mark , thats great news

Just tried to upload, cant get it to accept the .swf file used on standby screen?
    Last edited by amaway; 03-09-2008 at 08:45 AM.

thanks for update mark
    who knows how to make these kind of themes

Amaway does

And I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.
    I hope.

7. Default

There are various tutorials by people on other sites, will not give them out, but if you use google, they are easy to find, takes alot longer than normal to make but worth it in the end, though i am still having problems editing the xml codes to allow flash menu's, though i keep trying, will get there sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Log in to see links
    What about s40v3 flash themes?
    I've sent you a PM. We can implement this right away as soon as it has been tested with one or two flash nth themes.

Quote Originally Posted by amaway Log in to see links
    Thanks Mark , thats great news

Just tried to upload, cant get it to accept the .swf file used on standby screen?
    Apologies if I didn't make this clearer, but it requires a static screenshot/screencap in any standard image format (jpg,gif,png etc), of the swf during playback. This image will be used in the auto-preview process to create a thumbnail of the theme.

The system extracts the swf automatically for viewing via the admin cp, so we don't need this manually uploaded.

Hopefully I can make the process a little less tedious in the near future.

During testing, I created the screenshot by opening the swf in the standard Adobe flash player, using "print screen", then setting the canvas dimensions in Photoshop before pasting the screenshot and moving it so the captured flash fills the canvas area.

9. Default

Hi Mark, tried with a 240x320 .jpg/.png image screen shot of the original .swf flash file, and the theme, but still getting the same error response, have tried a couple now, but all the same.

What am i doing wrong, i also used "Print Screen", resized to 240x320, saved as .png first then tried .jpg. Theme file is only 153kb and saved in .thm.

Will upload theme here so you can look, maybe i am being stupid somewhere.

It is for the C902 Standby screen shows a high street scene with buildings acting as the reception level, time and battery level of phone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. Default

Ooooh great more work for me....