United Kingdom
    Thanks

Talking

Another way is to go to the Sony Ericsson Website

Then log in into your account or create one

Then go to Support

Click on "update service application"

Download it

Follow Instructions [if it says you have the current updates already choose update anyway]

Its the same thing but safer

I had the same problem, for about 3 months and finally managed to solve it

0 RP

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks

Default [SOLUTION] "Operation failed" message when "too many" games and apps are installed

Hi guys,

Like so many other members I have been getting the dreaded "Operation Failed" message on my K660i. I refused to have it reflashed by the reseller at a cost.

The problem seems to occur due to inherent flaws in the design of the hardware and how the software tries to interact with it. It would appear the developement teams do not work well together...

But first my specific problem:

I have, over the months of ownership, installed almost two hundred games on my phone. Eventually they seem to get corrupt. It appears the phone does not like removal of the memory stick from the phone nor can it handle unexpected disconnects from a computer very well.

My Games List looked like that:
    Far Cry
    Far Cry
    Gladiator
    Gladiator
    and so on...........

That was the list AFTER i have deleted them, AFTER i have formatted the memory stick. In the memory status the was the full MB available, but the 200 games still "ghosted" around.

The application that become corrupt refuse to re-install and cannot be deleted either, nor will they run. The "Operation Failed" message keeps comming up.

I have performed Master Resets before, but it did not help, but then I laboriously sat and tried to delete those games and apps that refused. Eventually I found one that would delete. I did another Master reset (reset all) and tried deleting another app or game by wadin through them all, and found one more that would delete. It took me all afternoon, but I managed to clean out the phone of all games and apps WITHOUT GOING TO A SERVICE CENTER!

So, in short... Here is the procedure:

NOTE: Your phone needs to be fully charged during this procedure. DO NOT CONNECT THE DATA CABLE AT ANY STAGE DURING MASTER RESET!!!

1. MOST IMPORTANT! Back up ALL your data. Anything eft on the phone WILL be erased. Use the file browser that came with your phone for PC connectivity (Sony Ericsson PC Suite - Synchronise and File Manager) or use MyPhoneExplorer.
    2. Try to move as many of your applications and games onto the memory stick.
    3. Switch off the phone and remove the memory stick.
    4. You will lose all applications or games on the phone, so have the .JAR files available for re-installation if you were unable to move them to the memory stick. Default games/apps are not affected.
    5. Turn on the phone and try to delete as many games and apps as possible. (Default/Built-in games/apps cannot be deleted. Ignore any "Operation Failed" messages you get and just continue on to the next game/app.
    6. Do a Master Reset (reset all) and wait for the phone to start up.
    7. Try to delete app/games again until you get to the first "Operation Failed" message.
    8. Do a master reset again (reset all).
    9. At this stage the last app that had a "Operation Failed" messgae may dissappear by itself, if it is still there, try to delete. If you get "Operation Failed", just Master Reset again.
    10. Repeat 8 and 9 untill all Apps and Games are gone.
    11. Switch off phone, disconnect battery and insert memory stick.
    12. Insert battery and turn on. Restore your data using Sony Ericsson PC Suite (Synchronise and File Manager) or your favorite manager.
    13. There is no 13 (superstition)
    14. Enjoy your phone...

NOTE: If you are uncomfortable with the backup process, do not proceed. I take NO RESPONSIBILITY for ANY loses. You follow this procedure at your own risk.

Hope it helps some of you out.

PS: This may also work for other Sony Ericsson phone as I have found the design hardly changed between phone when it come to the operating system and hardware mechanics.

0 RP

Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Thanks

Talking

hello guys im from ksa "saudi arabia"
    i need help wiht my sony eri w 850 i
    it`s something like that "Operation failed"
    i did what you guys do but there one thing i didn`t do ..
    i`ll doi``t and if`t work or not thanks ... for the info

26 RP
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Unhappy Help

Can anyone help me with my K550i. the problem is if want to open my games and applications folder it says operation failed.

Site Contributor
    6,257 RP
    Contributor Java Contributor Ringtone Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Bronze) Liked (Bronze)

Country
    India
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nahid12 View Post
    Can anyone help me with my K550i. the problem is if want to open my games and applications folder it says operation failed.
    Maybe you should read the first post in this thread...

26 RP
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by nisx91 View Post
    Maybe you should read the first post in this thread...
    I tried A full Reset it dont work
    I tried Update Service but it says Update not available, up to date
    I tried formatting memory stick still dont work
    please help

Site Contributor
    6,257 RP
    Contributor Java Contributor Ringtone Contributor Theme Contributor Wallpaper Contributor Forum Writer High Rating (Silver) Popular Downloads (Bronze) Liked (Bronze)

Country
    India
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nahid12 View Post
    I tried A full Reset it dont work
    I tried Update Service but it says Update not available, up to date
    I tried formatting memory stick still dont work
    please help
    Try update service again:
    Quote Originally Posted by jointbuck View Post
    Another way is to go to the Sony Ericsson Website

Then log in into your account or create one

Then go to Support

Click on "update service application"

Download it

Follow Instructions [if it says you have the current updates already choose update anyway]

Its the same thing but safer

26 RP
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Thanks

my current software version is:
    CXC1250669
    R8BA024
    Sony Ericsson

what is the latest software verision?

67 RP
    Country
    India
    Thanks

R8 is kinda unstable. It gave me problems too, so I Flashed with R6BC002 firmware. Maybe you could try that.

0 RP

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nisx91 View Post
    Operation Failed error simply means that the phone failed to do something you want it to do.

The error appears in many models of Sony Ericsson phones, and is usually caused when something important for the phone to work gets corrupted.
    You might be able to fix this error yourself, but if you can do nothing, the best thing to do is to take your phone to a service center.

Ways to fix the error

For the Java
    (Can't open games/app folder, lots of copies of same game, etc)

S***estions for fixing the error when working with Java
    1. Wait. If you've loaded up your phone with looootsss of Games or Apps, the phone can take a while to load the list (sometimes phone takes ages to load the list even if you've installed barely anyhing)
    2. If the error occurs only for some java apps/games, it might be possible that the app is broken or incompatible with your phone.
    3. If you think that there's something seriously wrong, with your phone, try to format the Memory stick
    4. If formating the stick doesn't work, do a full Reset (no just the settings reset)
    5. Use the Sony Ericsson Update Service. It might be possible that there is something wrong with the phones operating system - in that case, you might be able to upgrade to a better version that fixes the problem.
    6. If nothing works, totally flash a new firmware and a file system. If you don't know how to do that, just take your phone to a Service Center.

For the rotten message inbox
    In this case, your messages are probably lost forever, though you can try using MyPhoneExplorer with the USB cable to backup.

To fix this thing, you could try:
    • A full Reset
    • Update Service
    • Take it to a Service Center / Reflash it yourself

IMPORTANT
    Formatting, Reset, Update Service or Service Center - whatever you do remember to backup anything and everything that you can from your phone.
    You can use MyPhoneExplorer or PC Suite to help you backup stuff.
    The Service Center may charge to to fix your phone.

Useful Links:
    the java game cannot be installed on my unit....(( please help me with it...
    when i downloaded a java file in a different site, it was installed. But when i downloaded a file here(that says its a java file) the file cannot be installed...please reply asap!!!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last