View Poll Results: Is Moto GP 08 better than most racing games?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 52.83%
  • No

10 18.87%
  • Never played

15 28.30%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Review: Moto GP 08

Moto GP 08
    Mobile Game Review

Title:
    Moto GP 08
    Developer: In-house
    Publisher: I-Play
    Release Date: 14/8/08
    Format: J2ME
    Game Features: Real tracks, Real Racers, Real Bikes.
    Reviewed on: SE K800i

Summary

The entirely new Moto GP game is the most advanced motorbike racing game ever created on mobile. The revolutionary new game engine will let you immerse yourself as one of the most fearless and skilful motorbike rider on the planet. Its advanced AI will challenge you all along the 18 Grand Prix of the 2008 season. The excellent physics of the bike makes it easy to pick up but difficult to master. Moto GP 08 is the ultimate simulation that will plunge into the thrilling world of Moto GP.

Review

Review time and this time I put Moto GP 08 through its paces, no real reason why I decided to review this game, just that well, weve reviewed three car based racing games, and I wanted to see how a motorbike based racing game compares.

Now I know many amongst the Mobiles24 community have been craving for 3D visuals and top class mobile graphics, well you arent gonna get them here, but thats not necessarily a bad thing, what Im trying to say here is this game runs perfectly, no slowdown, no annoying camera angles, so theyve sacrificed the graphics a little... To be perfectly honest with you, I dont care one bit, because when youve got a game that runs a smooth and as well as Moto GP 08, you just dont.
    I said I was going to compare this to car base racing games, well heres where Moto GP 08 comes out on top, if youve ever played NFS Pro Street, Asphalt or GRID, there doesnt seem to be any sense of speed, you dont feel as if youre going fast, but in Moto GP you get that, you get the sense of speed, and they convey this in the races themselves, which with 18 bikes in each race you can expect a very eventful race, like me youll probably find yourself being overtaken quite a few times in a race, even with the smallest mistake youll soon seen a fellow racer fly by, dont worry It happens to the best of us... Anyway... if you do manage to pull off some nice cornering youll soon find yourself making your way back through the pack. The Tracks themselves are made up of real tracks that are raced through out the Moto GP season, Im going to be honest here, I dont know any of the name, but then again Im not the biggest fan of Moto GP, well Im not a fan of Moto GP at all, not one bit, but I have done my research, and yes they are real tracks in real places, so graphically you cant really tell the differences between each track, however they are fun, and offer different experiences.
    Im not going to say that the races are that hard, because theyre arent, in fact theyre quite easy, e.g. say you have a really bad first lap, you could still easily win the race if you have a good second lap, oh yeah all the races are two laps each, so if you have a bad first lap and a bad second lap... just restart the race. Overtaking really isnt that hard, which was a bit of a disappointment for me, because I like a challenge, for some reason for which I dont know all the racers like to stick together in the race, making it really easy to gain a few places. But if you want to win you have to be consistent when it comes to breaking and cornering, break too late or too early, youll find yourself being passed in the corners, so breaking just before the corner is key, and using boost on the straights will help you win races, but dont worry if this doesnt work at first, because after 10 minutes of racing it soon becomes second nature.
    Playing this game, I dunno, it seems like a classic arcade game graphically and gameplay wise, reminds me a bit like Road Rash 2 on the Sega Genesis, and no you cant hit the other drivers off their bikes, what I mean is that its a good fun arcade racer. It somehow feels as I-Play have designed this game help gain new fans for the sport, with its arcade styling, but keeping its hardcore fans pleased with its well known tracks, bikes and racers.

Conclusion

So Moto GP 08 isnt the best looking game of the year, but when it runs and plays so well, it doesnt matter, its a fun, arcade style racer, and most likely the best racer Ive played on my mobile, yes even better than Asphalt, well maybe not, but it sure is better than Asphalt 4, lets just say its the best racer Ive played since Asphalt 3.

Screenshots

Graphics: 7/10
    Not great but they help the game run very well.

Sound:
    8/10
    Good sound effects

Gameplay:
    9/10
    Fun and Fast

Story:
    8/10
    Not really a story more of a race season, but it works.

Overall Score: 8.5 out of 10
    silver.gif
    Last edited by EvilSpaghetti; 06-10-2010 at 11:13 AM.

nice review but 07 3d version has two times better graphics than this version

3. Default

as I said the graphics aren't great

and say its best racing game since asphalt 3
    better games are pgr 3d , juiced 1 3d,nitro street racing 3d, nfs most wanted and nfs pro street.

5. Default

if you say so...

and btw thats my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVW Log in to see links
    if you say so...

and btw thats my opinion
    i know i think racing games are best and others don't and anyways i was talking about graphics

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by t-mac2008 Log in to see links
    and say its best racing game since asphalt 3
    better games are pgr 3d , juiced 1 3d,nitro street racing 3d, nfs most wanted and nfs pro street.
    i know i think racing games are best and others don't and anyways i was talking about graphics
    when do you say anything about graphics here?

8. Default

not really i've always like erotic ones too
    anyways great review aaron!!!

9. Default

Thanks dead man

Quote Originally Posted by the_dead_man Log in to see links
    not really i've always like erotic ones too
    anyways great review aaron!!!
    i said and others don't